RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Informatics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/10/2021 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
1 Research Fellowship(s) under Special Regime (BI-RE) is (are) open at the FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, for the Project/R&D Institution Descoberta e classificação automática de informação crítica em Bases de Dados, PID(iscover), financed by MEO – Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia, SA, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Computer Science and Engineering
2. Requirements for admission: BSc completed
3. Additional optional skills and qualifications: Enrollment in the second year of a MSc degree. Knowledge in the area of information security.
4. Contracting requirements: Presentation of the academic qualifications and/or diplomas. Enrolment in a Master Degree Programme.
5. Work plan: Development of a master's project framed in the Master on Informatics, or Informatics Engineering, or Information Security, or Data Science, of the Informatics Department at FCUL.
6. Legislation framework: Research Fellowship Holder Statute, in accordance with Law 40/2004, of 18 August, in its current version and the FCT Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships, in its current version (Reg. 950/2019 published in DR on 16th December: https://dre.pt/application/file/a/127230968, or at the FCT website: https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt), and FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation, as approved on 12th May 2020 (available at Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação Científica da FCiências.ID).
7. Place of work: The work will be developed at MEO – Serviços de Comunicações e Multimédia, SA under the scientific supervision of Professor Vinicius Cogo and Engº José Alegria.
8. Fellowship duration: This position is initially opened for 6 months and will begin in November 2021. The fellowship contract may be potentially renewed for 4 months, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation of Research Fellowships from the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P and FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation.
9. Monthly allowance: The fellowship amounts to € 1003,18, according to table values of the FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation. The fellowship holder will have a personal accident insurance and can ensure the right to social security through adherence to the voluntary social insurance scheme, if not covered by any other social protection scheme, pursuant to Código dos Regimes Contributivos do Sistema Previdencial de Segurança Social. The fellowship will be paid monthly by bank transfer.
10. Evaluation and selection process: Candidates will be assessed by the quality of their CV (weight of 100%) and the evaluation will account for the academic performance as well as the satisfaction of the additional optional skills.
11. Selection Committee: Vinicius Cogo (President of the jury), Pedro M. Ferreira (Effective member), António Casimiro (Effective member), Luís Moniz (Substitute member).
12. Publication/notification of results: All the candidates will be notified by e-mail, sent by the call holder, with the selection meeting minutes enclosed.
13. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 18/10/2021 to 26/10/2021 .
14. Application: Applications should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Subject:” Bolsa MEO – PID(iscover), by attaching the following documents:
a. Curriculum vitae – CV may be provided in PDF or through the CIÊNCIAVITAE system;
b. Certificate of completion of previous degree;
15. Time limits for the appeal procedure: In case of negative decision, the candidates have 10 business days, after the date of announcement of the results of the candidates evaluation, to pronounce their disagreement in accordance with the Código do Procedimento Administrativo. Appeals against the final decision may be submitted to the Administration Board of FCiências.ID (email@example.com) within 15 business days after the notification date
Note 1: The documents that prove the entitlement of the academic qualifications and diplomas, or the proof of registration in the academic degree or diploma requested on the call, can be dismissed during the application period and replaced by a declaration on their honour from the applicant. Their delivery is mandatory for the fellowship contractualization.
Note 2: Please note that - higher education degrees and diplomas awarded by foreign higher education institutions need to be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, pursuant to the Decree-Law nr. 66/2018 (August 16) and the Ministerial Order nr. 33/2019 (January 25). The presentation of the recognition certificate is mandatory for contract signature. More information can be obtained at: https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-and-diploma-recognition.
Contract and final activities template available at: Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação Científica da FCiências.ID
Web site for additional job details
EURAXESS offer ID: 696687
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.