ORGANISATION/COMPANYTallinn University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Business economics
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/01/2022 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2022
TalTech Department of Business Administration invites applications for a professor position in International Business.
The research carried out at the Department of Business Administration in the School of Business and Governance in TalTech deals with various aspects of business – entrepreneurship, knowledge and technology transfer, strategic management, marketing, supply chain management, accounting and performance management. The School has over 200 employees.
We seek a talented and highly motivated individual with a high-level academic expertise and track record in research on international business. The objective of the professorship is to lead and carry out the study, scientific and development processes in the field of international business. More precisely, we look for a candidate who actively contributes to the area of international business strategies and environment, internationalization of SMEs, global entrepreneurship, cross-cultural leadership etc. In alignment with the general aspirations of TalTech, the professor is expected to put some focus on digitalization and green transformation. The position may be filled as tenure track or tenured Associate Professor or Full Professor, depending on the candidate’s merits and career stage. The appointee will be required to conduct research in the field of international business as well as related fields, collaborate with other research teams both nationally and internationally, stimulate research activities at TalTech, and apply for funding from national and international sources. The suitable candidate would continuously work on the expansion of national and international networks involving both academics and practitioners. The candidate is also expected to teach and supervise in all levels and mentor Early Stage Researchers.
For more detailed information on the position, please contact Merli Reidolf, Deputy Head of the Department of Business Administration email@example.com.
THE DEPARTMENT OFFERS
- A dynamic and international work environment;
- Opportunities for personal and professional development;
- A wide network for multidisciplinary cooperation;
- Promotes research and provides resources for active scholars;
- Access to relevant infrastructure;
- Competitive salary depending on the candidate’s qualification and performance.
To apply for this position please send the following documents in English by 20 January 2022 at the latest by using the link "Apply”:
- an application (a cover letter detailing how the candidate meets the qualifications of the position);
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio , including a motivated self-evaluation regarding compliance with the requirements for the tenured professor post set out in the Academic Career Management Regulation Annexes 3 “Academic Evaluation Matrix” (required in case of university staff) or a free format evaluation of the academic activity undertaken so far and the competencies required for work (required form external applicants);
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
Regarding further information on the application documents and recruitment process please contact TalTech HR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) is an international scientific community with 10,000 students and approximately 2,000 employees, one of the largest universities in Estonia that is the leading EU country in digitalization. The strengths of the university are wide multidisciplinary study/research interests, modern research and study environment as well as strong collaboration with international educational and research institutions.
TalTech has a green and one of the most compact university campuses in Europe that includes the Tehnopol Tallinn Science Park. Our Mektory Innovation and Business Center helps faculties and scientists with funding for their research and business know-how. Low hierarchy, academic freedom and a balanced work and family life is valued at TalTech. The university provides individual development and training opportunities, material and non-material tokens of acknowledgement, sporting opportunities at TalTech Sports Club and all-staff activities.
Department of Business Administration: https://taltech.ee/en/department-business-administration
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Doctoral degree (PhD or an equivalent) degree in the relevant field;
- Postdoctoral or other international work experience in areas related to international business research;
- Strong publication record that proves the ability for high quality and relevant research in the area of international business and related fields;
- Proven ability to obtain funding from national as well as international sources;
- Experience in leading research groups and coordination of research activities;
- Experience in teaching and supervising at all levels of higher education, incl. executive trainings and successful supervision of at least one doctoral thesis;
- Active participation in relevant international networks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently;
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Business experience is preferred.
EURAXESS offer ID: 696135
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.