ORGANISATION/COMPANYCYPRUS MARINE AND MARITIME INSTITUTE
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Maritime engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringEngineering › Simulation engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Larnaca
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI), invites applications for the recruitment by CMMI of qualified applicants for Scientist/Researcher/Engineer positions in the Marine and Offshore Science, Technology and Engineering Center (MOSTEC) of CMMI, situated in Cyprus. The employment period is initially a fixed two-year contract, with the possibility of renewal.
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute:
The Cyprus Marine and Maritime Institute (CMMI) is a non-profit, research, innovation and technology development organisation established in Cyprus, supported by EU funds via the Teaming program, as well as the Government of Cyprus and established industry stakeholders. The CMMI pulls together expertise from local universities and industry and international partners.
MOSTEC’s areas of interest:
MOSTEC’s areas of interest include but are not restricted to, climate change, decarbonisation, offshore engineering, vessel performance optimisation, autonomous vessel operation, maritime electrification, and offshore renewable energy. Successful candidates will be able to sustain their existing network and grow their profile by utilizing CMMI’s contacts, and links to industry and academia, including our international Advanced Partners, the University of Southampton, the Marine Institute (Ireland) and Bluewise Marine.
You will be a scientist/researcher/engineer with the desire and ability to undertake a range of multidisciplinary projects that will support the research, technology and innovation aims of the CMMI. At this early developmental stage of the CMMI, there is a great opportunity to set the direction of the Institute and to capitalise on partnerships with local and international CMMI partners. You will have the opportunity to build on your existing research track record, and you will be supported in developing new skills and interests aligned with CMMI’s projects. You will be able to explore a diverse range of topics and contribute to MOSTEC’s growth, as part of CMMI – a young and vibrant organisation.
Successful candidates will contribute to CMMI projects, assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, contribute to research proposals, author scientific reports, conference, and journal publications, and develop software tools. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate skills that apply to one or more of the broad fields of climate change, decarbonisation, offshore engineering, vessel performance optimisation, autonomous vessel operation, maritime electrification, and offshore renewable energy.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to email@example.com (Position Reference MOSTEC2021_2), no later than 2 November 2021.
- A cover letter that specifies the reasons for pursuing a research career at CMMI, the employment availability date, and part-time or full-time availability (1-page maximum)
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
- In case you are interested in Associate Scientist, Senior Associate Scientist and Senior Scientist please provide the following:
- Short description of academic, research, or industrial experience (1-page maximum)
- Plans for Research and Innovation at CMMI (1-page maximum)
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Please refer to our privacy notice in Privacy Notice Potential Employees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please contact us at +357 24506100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
 Accepted levels for application are Junior Scientist, Assistant Scientist, Associate Scientist, Senior Associate Scientist and Senior Scientist
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
- PhD, or equivalent industrial/commercial experience (>3 years), in a discipline relevant to MOSTEC’s scope.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and verbal)
- Previous relevant academic or industrial experience
- High impact publication on relevant topics
- Participation in successful research grant applications
- Strong analytical and integrative thinking
- Strong organisational and teamwork skills
- Strong written, oral, graphical, and digital presentation skills
- Ability to interact with governmental, industrial, and other external organisations to build productive relationships
- Ability to work under pressure, delegate and plan personal workload effectively
- Ability to solve problems creatively
EURAXESS offer ID: 695559
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.