ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitatea Politehnica din Bucuresti
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › ProgrammingEngineering › Biomedical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONRomania › Bucharest
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK30
OFFER STARTING DATE20/10/2021
The Center for Microscopy-Microanalysis and Information Processing of University Politehnica of Bucharest calls for applications for the position of "Research Team Member - Technician", to work in the field of artificial intelligence for high-resolution imaging in the frame of the scientific research projectentitled "Method for fast and precise diagnostic of gastric cancers based on non-linear optical microscopy and Deep Learning (GASTRODEEP)", funded by the Romanian Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research,. Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI)
- The research team member will take part in experiments and technical developments that will lead to the development of novel artificial intelligence methods for non-linear optical microscopy
- The research team member will take part in the author list of research articles to be submitted for peer-review to prestigious scientific journals.
- The research team member will have the possibility to work on advanced non-linear optical microscopy systems: Second Harmonic Generation Microscope (SHG), twophoton excitation fluorescence microscope (TPEM)
- The research team member will have the opportunity to collaborate with renowned leading scientists at the forefront of high resolution imaging, and medicine, with whom the team of CMMIP-UPB has ongoing scientific collaborations.
- The research team member will have the possibility to implement short term scientific missions at partner groups/organizations in Europe and abroad.
- The research team member will have the possibility to pursue training courses organized by expert groups in Europe.
The applicant should be able to start this position starting with 20th of October.
The applicant should have graduated bachelor studies in one of the areas computer sciences, informatics, electronics engineering
The candidates should submit by e-mail to the contact person:
Cover letter with a clear motivation for their interest to occupy the available position
Curriculum Vitae ( with List of Publications, if available)
Copy of diplomas (Bachelor studies, accompanied by score sheets if available)
Selection of the candidates will be based on analysis of submitted documents (eliminatory)
The call for job applications is open until 13th of October 2021, interviews will be scheduled in real-time, as applications are receieved.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Bachelor Degree or equivalentEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Aptitudes for collaborative team work
Advanced English language knowledge, necessary to read and understand scientific research articles
Solid knowledge in the domains: computer science, informatics, algorithms, programming
Knowledge and competences in artificial intelligence methods
Knowledge and competences in Matlab, Python, Google Colab
The ability to summarize in writing the result of scientific experiments
Aptitudes for experimental work, and interest to participate in the development of novel artificial intelligence methods for microscopy
EURAXESS offer ID: 695421
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.