ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Faculty of Arts
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/11/2021 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Plzeň
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
Specialization in the field of medieval archaeology, material culture and settlement patterns. Research is addressed to: 1) material culture assessment (especially medieval and post-medieval pottery and additionally other items made of metal and glass) and its social-economic interpretation, 2) pottery technology and function (application of châine opératoire and behavioural approaches), 3) comparative study of urbanism and communal infrastructure, 4) medieval rural settlement in the woodland environment (using non-destructive survey and LiDAR data processing).
The job at the university will be devoted to the study of specially focused topics: 1) interaction within the material culture between Austrian and South Bohemian cities manifested by mutual exchange of commodities in the Middle Ages, solved through contemporary social theories (e. g. Actor-Network Theory), 2) tradition and innovation in the pottery production, the mutual influences of Lower and Upper Austrian, South Bohemian, and South Moravian ceramic production in the Early and High Middle Ages, 3) comparative study of urbanism, municipal infrastructure, and waste management between Czech, Moravian, and Austrian cities, 4) influence of Danube architecture on the architecture of South Bohemian buildings in the Middle Ages (aristocratic residences, ecclesial monuments – monasteries, churches). For these topics and research objectives will be visited museum institutions for the documentation of selected medieval ceramic assemblages, libraries for the study of literature. The contacts with experts in medieval archaeology will be obtained with the possibility of further cooperation in research projects. The specialized lectures on various topics in the field of medieval archaeology in Czech lands will be realised.
All received applications will be assessed by an expert committee. The committee will issue the final ranking of the applications.
This position can be held only by a candidate working at least part time job for the period 4 months.
Web site for additional job details
- A properly completed Master's Degree Programme as well as Ph.D. student status at university or higher education institution in the Czech Republic eventually properly completed Doctoral Study Programme or properly completed similar Study Programme abroad recognized in accordance with Act. No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on the Amendment and Supplementation of Other Acts (Higher Education Act), as amended, with the study completion date before 1 January 2015.
- The applicant must be a researcher / student in an institution based in the Czech Republic.
- Good knowledge of English (at least at the CAE level or its equivalent).
- Experience with research on the research topic of the specialist team.
- Structured curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the documents proving achieved education (a diploma certifying the successful completion of a Master's Degree Programme, Ph.D. diploma or its equivalent).
- Current study confirmation and supervisor recommendations in case of Ph.D. student.
- Copies of documents proving the achieved level of the English language (CAE level or its equivalent).
- Full bibliographic data of articles published in impacted journals (please provide, in particular, articles relating to the orientation of the working position, including the impact factor of the journal at the time of their publication).
- Complete bibliographic data of works published in proceedings of significant (referred to in WoS or SCOPUS) international conferences relating to the focus of the activity at the listed position.
- Overview of research teams (especially international) with whom the Applicant has worked so far, including the projects in which the Applicant was involved.
- Overview of collaboration with the application sphere and achieved application outputs.
EURAXESS offer ID: 695348
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.