ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Salzburg
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/11/2021 14:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Salzburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
REFERENCE NUMBERGZ A 0125/1-2021
Data Scientist / Computational Biologist
Senior staff scientist (long-term)
University of Salzburg, Austria
The senior scientist will be part of the Computational Systems Biology group at the University of Salzburg. The young group and PI have developed innovative and interpretable computational models based on biological network knowledge to explain variations in big biological data, as published in recent high-impact publications.
The position is permanent and full-time (40h/week). The city of Salzburg is ranked among the top 25 small cities (MONOCLE magazine), with ample natural and cultural attractions as well as fast connections to Vienna and Munich. The University of Salzburg has 18 000 students, and a highly collaborative research environment in both biomedical and computational sciences.
- Development of methods combining network biology, statistics, and machine learning
- Analysis of multi-omics and single-cell data sets
- Development of databases and software packages
- Teaching, supervision of internships, co-supervision of graduate students
- Assistance with the organization of conferences and science communication
- Contributions to publications and grants
- Relevant doctoral degree (bioinformatics, computational biology, or similar)
- Publication experience in computational biology
- Experience with machine learning, statistics, and other quantitative sciences
- Extensive knowledge of the programming languages R and/or Python
- Good understanding of key biological concepts
- Excellent English skills, German is expected within a reasonable time frame
Additional relevant expertise
- Integrative analysis across multi-omics and single-cell data
- Machine learning algorithms or computational models of biological systems
- Expertise with immunology and cancer biology
Enthusiastic computational scientists who are motivated to ask systematic questions in biology are encouraged to apply. Please send your motivation letter (one to max. two pages), CV, and names of three reference contacts to email@example.com, providing the reference number “GZ A 0125/1-2021” in the subject line.
Application deadline: November 17th, 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!
EURAXESS offer ID: 694461
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.