ORGANISATION/COMPANYNencki Institute of Experimental Biology
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesNeurosciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Post-doc
Place of work: Laboratory of Molecular Membrane Biology
Field of science: cell biology, immunology
Type of recruitment: NCN Opus20 “Mechanisms controlling endocytosis of CD14 as targets for regulation of inflammatory responses of macrophages
The project aims to unravel mechanisms controlling constitutive and ligand-induced endocytosis of CD14 protein as targets for the regulation of inflammatory responses of macrophages.
Scope of tasks:
Planning and carrying out experiments, and analysis of results,
Conducting cell cultures and genetic manipulations of the level of proteins involved in the endocytosis of the CD14 (including microscopic observations); analysis of changes in the inflammatory response of cells (including immunoblotting, ELISA, qPCR), and the activity of enzymes involved in lipid metabolism,
Analysis of palmitoylome using ABE and CLICK methods.
type of contract: contract of employment,
duration of contract: 24 months,
position starts on: Jan 01st, 2022.
We offer a job in a young team with extensive experience in research in the field of cell membrane biology and signal transduction that regulates the inflammatory response of macrophages.
Application procedure and deadline
- curriculum vitae and cover letter,
- copy of PhD diploma,
- brief description of professional experience with emphasis on research techniques used by the applicant,
- contact details of two independent academics ready to provide references,
- declaration of the applicant that his work is not financed by other projects of the National Science Center.
You can use the Polish equivalent of a foreign academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional-purposes...
The documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with note “postdoc AC”, the deadline is Nov 14th, 2021
The selected candidates may be invited for a scientific interview, to demonstrate her/his scientific achievements.
Contact information: email@example.com
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.12.2021
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- PhD degree in biological or technical sciences with a specialization in cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, or related,
- doctoral degree obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (excluding leaves related to the care and upbringing of children),
- high motivation to work in research and proven achievements in the field of cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, or related (publications, speeches at conferences, research internships, awards, scholarships),
- experience in the application of methods of cell biology, biochemistry, cell line culture. Skills in genetic manipulations including the CRISPR / Cas9 method, experience in working with lipids, confocal microscopy are welcome,
- Ability to carry out independent research work, including formulating and testing hypotheses as well as planning and performing experiments,
- knowledge of basic computer programs, including statistical programs; very good knowledge of English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 693972
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.