ORGANISATION/COMPANYPICKFOOD - H2020-MSCA-ITN-ETN
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Nutritional sciencesChemistry › Physical chemistryPhysics › Chemical physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/03/2022 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35-40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER956248
Would you like to start your career in a European training network of leading research universities and professionals from the industry? Then you might be interested in these PhD positions, which will enable you to join the PICKFOOD project. PICKFOOD is a top level interdisciplinary training and research programme involving 15 PhD positions across physics, physical chemistry and food science. PICKFOOD aims to create at European level a network of next generation young scientists trained in novel methodologies within Pickering emulsions research enabling the development of safe, healthy and functional foods and at the same time minimizing food waste due to lipid oxidation.
ESRs will be employed for 36 months by a host institution and are required to take up academic and non-academic secondments within the training network. The ESRs are provided with interdisciplinary research topics and interdisciplinary supervisory teams covering physics, physical chemistry and food science. The training includes many network wide events and training modules.
Detailed description of the network is provided on the website www.pickfood.eu
Below is a list of the 15 ESR projects / PhD positions that are available. To apply for a specific project or position please follow the ESR links provided below. The eligibility criteria and selection process are described hereinafter. Project specific requirements can be found in the individual project descriptions which can be accessed directly through the links:
Note that some adds could still not be published and deadlines may vary from position to position. The specific deadlines are found in the links below.
ESR 1 (University of Copenhagen) Food grade Pickering-stabilized emulsions: development and characterization
ESR 2 (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) Edible oil-in-oil Pickering emulsions
ESR 3 (Aalto University) Temperature and pH responsive Pickering emulsions for controlled processability and mouthfeel
ESR 4 (Chalmers University of Technology) Manipulating Pickering emulsions by microfluidic devices
ESR 5 (University of Amsterdam) Stability of Pickering emulsions
ESR 6 (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) Structural development of Pickering emulsions during electric field manipulation and spraying
ESR 7 (Norwegian University of Science and Technology) Particle assembly on liquid droplets
ESR 8 (Institute for Energy Technology) Neutron characterization of Pickering emulsions
ESR 9 (Uppsala University) Scattering studies of particles at fluid/fluid interfaces
ESR 10 (Wageningen University & Research) The mechanisms of coalescence of particle-laden interfaces and Pickering emulsions
ESR 11 (Technical University of Denmark)Pickering emulsions with omega-3 fatty acids for food applications
ESR 12 (University of Birmingham) Fat/wax crystals as Pickering particles for sub-micron food emulsions
ESR 13 (Wageningen University & Research) Double functionality in food Pickering emulsions
ESR 14 (Unilever) Plant derived particle assisted stabilisation of food emulsions
ESR 15 (Stayfit Nutrisupplies) Optimizing processing of plant derived Pickering food emulsions
ESRs are offered a competitive salary, plus allowances. If applicable an additional taxable monthly family allowance subject to the family status of the appointee. Moreover, funding is available for technical and personal skills training and participation in international research events.
ESRs will benefit from the designed training programme offered by the hosting organizations and the PICKFOOD consortium.
- Early-Stage Researchers must, at the time of recruitment, hold a Master’s degree and be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
- The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of his/her host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, compulsory national services (such as mandatory military service) and procedures for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not counted. Note that this mobility rule applies to the university where the ESR is recruited, and not to co-hosting research groups to which the researcher is sent or seconded.
- The Master’s degree must be in the discipline that is relevant to the ESR project that you are applying for.
- Applicants must be eligible to enroll in the PhD programme of the host institution.
- Applications have to be submitted through the links provided above.
- All applications are ranked by the local Recruitment Committee (RC) at each university and communicated to the PICKFOOD Recruitment Committee (RC), which is overseeing the entire recruitment procedure
- The local RC makes a shortlist with 3-5 candidates per ESR positions, which is communicated to the PICKFOOD RC.
- These 3-5 candidates are invited for an interview with the local RC on a recruitment day during which the ESR is selected. One representative from each of the co-hosts which the PhD student will be seconded to will participate in the interviews.
- The candidates will be informed of the interview outcome by email as soon as possible after the interview date. Successful candidates will have to send a formal email notifying acceptance or rejection.
All steps in the recruitment process are made to ensure a fully transparent process that adheres to the European Charter and Code for Researchers. There will be no overt/covert discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, disability or age.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentAgricultural sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- You deliver outstanding academic results.
- You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
- You are interested in interdisciplinary research and have strong analytical skills.
- You are a quality-oriented team player.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are expected to participate actively in international secondments to other organizations within the PICKFOOD network and in outreach activities targeted at a broad audience.
For other selection criteria, please consult the recruiting institution.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 691490
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.