ORGANISATION/COMPANYFACULDADE DE ARQUITETURA DA UNIVERSIDADE DE LISBOA (UL)
RESEARCH FIELDArchitecture › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/10/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
MetroPublicNet is a three-years FCT funded research project initiated in March 2021 aimed at exploring the experience of public space qualification projects in Lisbon Metropolitan Area since 1998. While offering a critical insight into their rationale, aims and results, we are looking for the potential foundation of a future metropolitan public space network.
Work plan objectives:
The work to be developed is part of the research activities of the MetroPublicNet project, including:
- Design, production and content of research support graphics for publication and dissemination;
- Involvement and articulation of actors in the events promoted by the project (ie, workshops);
- Logistical and administrative support in scientific dissemination activities organized under the project;
- Support in managing and regularly updating MetroPublicNet's website and media.
Eligibility of candidates
Applicants must meet the eligibility conditions provided for in article 9 of the FCT IP Research Grant Regulation (Regulation No. 950/2019, published in Diário da República, 2nd series, no. 241 on December 16th, 2021).
"Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação"; "Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P." - in its actual redaction, and "Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Universidade de Lisboa" - in its actual redaction.
Place of work:
The work will be developed at the premises of Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa- CENTRO DE INVESTIGAÇÃO EM ARQUITETURA, URBANISMO E DESIGN, under the scientific guidance of professor João Rafael Santos.
Duration: 6 months renewable until the end of the project Ref. PTDC/ART-DAQ/0919/2020 (Feb 2024)
Start date: scheduled to start in November 1st 2021, on an exclusive basis.
Monthly salary: 1 104,64 € according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by FCT for positions held in Portugal (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores ).
The selection panel for the applications for this scholarship is composed of the following elements:
President of the Jury: Manuela da Fonte, Professor at Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa;
1st Effective Member: João Rafael Santos, Professor at Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa;
2nd Effective Member: Filipa Serpa, Professor at Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa;
1st Alternate Member: Alessia Allegri, Professor at Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa;
The jury may, if it deems it necessary, call the candidates placed in the first 3 positions for an interview. In this case, the interview has a weight of 30%, added to the score obtained in the first selection phase, which will have a weight of 70%. The interview will take place at a date and time to be communicated to the candidates in due course.
The jury may not award any scholarship if the candidates do not correspond to the desired profile.
The results will be communicated by e-mail to the selected candidate.
If the result is unfavorable to the granting of the requested scholarship, the candidates have a period of 10 working days to comment, if desired, in a prior hearing to the interested parties, pursuant to articles 121 and 122 of the Code of Administrative Procedure (DL nº 4/2015 of January 7th).
Application deadline and form of submission of applications:
The call is open from 11st of October to 22nd of October 2021.
Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com, accompanied by the following documents:
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Certificate of Qualifications. Regarding the qualification certificate, if the degree has been obtained in a foreign institution, it must be recognized by a Portuguese institution in accordance with Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th and Ordinance no. 33/2019, of January 25th, in its wording in force on the date of application;
- Proof of Enrollment in a PhD or in a non-degree course upon signing the contract;
- Other supporting documents considered relevant;
- Declaration of prior consent to the use of personal data information by electronic means.
Reference to the Call Ref: BI/ MAST/ 02/ PTDC/ART-DAQ/0919/2020 must be indicated in the subject of the application email.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESOTHER: Good
- Masters, in the areas of Architecture or Urbanism and similar;
- Final Master's grade equal to or greater than 14 points;
- Enrollment in a PhD or in a non-degree course upon signing the contract
- Experience in communication design and in the development of concepts and graphic content to support research in urbanism is valued;
- Experience in photography is valued;
- The candidate's experience in organizing dissemination, curatorship and related events is valued;
- The domain of computer-aided design software (Autocad) is valued
- Knowledge and interest in the field of urban planning, planning and land use are valued
EURAXESS offer ID: 689418
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.