ORGANISATION/COMPANYFACULDADE DE ARQUITETURA DA UNIVERSIDADE DE LISBOA (UL)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/10/2021 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
MetroPublicNet is a three-years FCT funded research project initiated in March 2021 aimed at exploring the experience of public space qualification projects in Lisbon Metropolitan Area since 1998. While offering a critical insight into their rationale, aims and results, we are looking for the potential foundation of a future metropolitan public space network.
Work plan objectives:
The scholarship aims at developing MetroPublicNet's research tasks with high working capacity and autonomy, namely in the field of literature review, case studies, interpretation of urban projects and the construction of territorial design tools, with a proactive and critical attitude. In these tasks, the scholarship holder will be responsible for the research's operational management, supporting the guidance of two research fellows. The scholarship holder will be actively involved in scientific production (articles and books) and is a key element in the organization and promotion of the project's events.
"Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação"; "Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P." - in its actual redaction, and "Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Universidade de Lisboa" - in its actual redaction.
Place of work: Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa
Duration: 6 months renewable until the end of the project FCT ref.ª PTDC/ART-DAQ/0919/2020 (Feb 2024)
Start date: scheduled to start in November 1st 2021, on an exclusive basis.
Monthly salary: 1 646,00 € according to the table of grant amounts awarded directly by FCT for positions held in Portugal (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores ).
The selection panel for the applications for this scholarship is composed of the following elements:
- President of the Jury: João Rafael Santos, Professor at Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa
- 1st Effective Member: Maria Matos Silva, Professor at Instituto Superior de Agronomia da Universidade de Lisboa
- 2nd Effective Member: Luís Sanchez Carvalho, Professor at Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa;
- 1st Alternate Member: Cristina Cavaco, Professor at Faculdade de Arquitetura da Universidade de Lisboa;
The jury may, if deems it necessary call the candidates placed in the 3 first positions for an interview. In this case, the interview has a weight of 30%added to the score obtained in the first selection phase, which will have a weight of 70%.
The interview will take place at a date and time to be communicated to the candidates in due course.
The jury may not award any scholarship if the candidates do not correspond to the desired profile.
Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by the following documents:
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Certificate of Qualifications. Regarding the qualification certificate, if the degree has been obtained in a foreign institution, it must be recognized by a Portuguese institution in accordance with Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th and Ordinance no. 33/2019, of January 25th, in its wording in force on the date of application;
- Other supporting documents considered relevant;
- Declaration of prior consent to the use of personal data information by electronic means.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESOTHER: Good
- PhD, in the areas of Architecture, Urbanism, Landscape Architecture, Geography, Planning and Land Management Design or similar;
- Compliance with the provisions of paragraphs 3 and 4 of article 7 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia.
- The candidate's experience in participating in scientific research projects in the disciplinary areas of Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Geography, Planning and Territory Management or related areas is valued;
- The candidate's experience in contacting institutional actors, namely from the local public administration, is valued.
- Domain of the spoken and read Portuguese language;
- Domain of spoken, read and written English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 689325
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.