RESEARCH FIELDCultural studies
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Nijmegen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40.0
We are looking for a motivated postdoctoral researcher with expertise in computational models of perception and action and an interest in probabilistic neurocomputing to participate in the NWO NWA ORC project 'Brain and AI for safe navigation'. The goal of this project is to advance our understanding of how humans are able to act in complex and uncertain circumstances, and how such knowledge can be applied to smooth our interaction with emerging autonomous vehicles. The whole project encompasses a broad spectrum of academic, industrial and societal partners and includes a large group of researchers. You will work on computational models (optimal control, Bayesian, neural nets) of multisensory integration and sensorimotor control under uncertainty and their real-world applicability in applications such as drones and other autonomous vehicles. You will work in close collaboration with the Machine Learning group (Prof. Bohte) at the Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, Amsterdam, and the Cognitive and Systems Neuroscience group (Prof. Pennartz) at the University of Amsterdam. Some management, mentoring and teaching related tasks will also be part of your responsibilities.
- Employment for 0.8 - 1.0 FTE.
- The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of €3,807 and a maximum of €5,211 based on a 38-hour working week, depending on previous education and number of years of relevant work experience (salary scale 11).
- You will receive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Temporary contract for initially 2 years, which, after a positive performance review, may be extended for an additional period of 1 year.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer can assist you with family-related support, help your partner or spouse prepare for the local labour market, provide customized support in their search for employment and help your family settle in Nijmegen.
- Working for us means getting extra days off. In case of full-time employment, you can choose between 29 or 41 days of annual leave instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment conditions Work and science require good employment practices. This is reflected in Radboud University's primary and secondary employment conditions. You can make arrangements for the best possible work-life balance with flexible working hours, various leave arrangements and working from home. You are also able to compose part of your employment conditions yourself, for example, exchange income for extra leave days and receive a reimbursement for your sports subscription. And of course, we offer a good pension plan. You are given plenty of room and responsibility to develop your talents and realise your ambitions. Therefore, we provide various training and development schemes.
You can apply until 31 October 2021, exclusively using the button below. Kindly address your application to Prof. Pieter Medendorp. Please fill in the application form and attach the following documents:
- Letter of motivation.
- CV including the names and contact details of two referees.
We can imagine you're curious about our application procedure. It offers a rough outline of what you can expect during the application process, how we handle your personal data and how we deal with internal and external candidates.
For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Pieter Medendorp, Professor of Sensorimotor Neuroscience at +31 24 361 60 41 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact Dr. Luke Miller, Assistant Professor of Sensorimotor Neuroscience at email@example.com.
Web site for additional job details
- You have a PhD degree in a relevant field (e.g. sensorimotor neuroscience, artificial intelligence, computational neuroscience).
- You are expected to have a demonstrable interest and experience in bio-inspired modelling and probabilistic approaches to perception and action.
- Experience with behavioural and neurophysiological studies would be useful.
- Experience supervising students at various levels is advantageous.
- Good social, communication and organisational skills and a team player mentality are key.
EURAXESS offer ID: 688488
Posting organisation offer ID: 304667
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.