ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Numismatics
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art.113 of Higer Education Law dated to 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2021, item 478).
- PhD in numismatics or archaeology (defended at a university other than the University of Warsaw);
- Scientific achievements in the field of Byzantine numismatics or Mediterranean archaeology with special emphasis on Egypt;
- Expertise in coin documentation and indetification methods;
- Know-how of the metals conservation methods, particularly applied to copper alloy coins;
- Experience in preparing databases, inventories and catalogues of the coin finds;
- Proficiency in the computer methods of coin photographs preparation for publications.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Contribution in numismatic study missions in Egypt, including involvement in the conservation process of Byzantine coin finds and the preparation of their full descriptive and photographic documentation;
- Complete study of all Byzantine coins from Polish excavations in Marea/North Hawwariya, including identification of finds and interpretation of the archaeological context, entering the obtained data into a computer database and preparing photographs of coins for publication purposes;
- Contribution in library queries abroad;
- Participation in scientific conferences and academic seminars in Poland and abroad, submitting papers related to the issues of research carried out under the grant;
Contribution in the final scientific publication of results obtained in the course of the project, by preparation of the book chapter on the Byzantine coins found at Marea/Northern Hawwariya during Polish excavations at this site, including a catalogue of all Byzantine coins.
- Application addressed to the Rector of the University of Warsaw, which should contain a consent clause;
- A copy of PhD diploma or certificate from the relevant unit confirming the award of doctor's degree;
- Scientific Curriculum Vitae;
- Publication record submitted together with PDF copies of five most important publications;
- A personal questionnaire with information regarding the processing of personal data (bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze);
- 1 photograph.
- Candidate's declaration confirming that he/she has read and accepted the rules
for conducting competitions for the position of an academic teacher.
Applications will be considered by the Recruitment Committee appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Archaeology of the University of Warsaw. The Commission may invitate selected candidates for appointment.
Listed documents should be delivered by post or by email (email@example.com) to the secretary's office at the Faculty of Archaeology, University of Warsaw, room 2.03, Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa
Deadline for submissions: 15th of October 2021
The decision announcement: 15th of November 2021
Candidates will be informed by the Competition's Committee in three days after the announcement. They will receive an e-mail and an official letter.
The selection is the first stage of the recruitment procedure for the position of an academic teacher specified in the University of Warsaw Statute and its positive outcome is the basis for further procedure.
EURAXESS offer ID: 687140
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.