ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Aveiro
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Aveiro
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
NOTICE FOR THE AWARD OF RESEARCH GRANTS
A tender is hereby opened for the award of one (1) Research Grant (RG) under the project “Towards a new generation of sustainable nano-based additives for maritime anti-corrosion smart coatings: a multidisciplinary framework within the Atlantic” (CIRCNA/BRB/0291/2019), of the Centre of Environmental and Marine Studies (CESAM) and Department of Biology of the University of Aveiro under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Ecotoxicology
2. Financing Source: Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P./MCTES, through national funds (State Budget component - OE).
3. Admission Requirements:
Master’s degree in Ecotoxicology or Applied Ecology and enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree, integrated in the educational project of the University of Aveiro. The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in a course that does not confer an academic degree. (View Courses at: Courses - University of Aveiro (ua.pt) and Training at UA - Universidade de Aveiro)
Candidates must demonstrate expertise in ecotoxicity testing, particularly with marine organisms. Preference will be given to candidates who have proven experience in environmental behavior, fate, exposure and marine hazard assessment of engineered nanomaterials, following the objectives and needs of the R&D project NANOGREEN (http://www.cesam.ua.pt/index.php?menu=198&language=pt&tabela=projectosde...).
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute in the wording given by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, and also the provisions of article 9 of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro. The duration of the RG is, as a rule, annual, extendable to a maximum of two years, in the case of master's degrees, integrated master's degrees and non-degree courses, and the respective duration, including renewal, may be consecutive or interpolated, pursuant to no. 5 of Article 9 of the above mentioned Regulation.
5. Work plan: The candidate will be responsible for the assessment of the environmental fate, behavior, ecotoxicity and hazard of nanostructured and non-nanostructured compounds with and without anticorrosion properties, in the marine compartment. The candidate will also participate in meetings of the abovementioned R&D project and in scientific dissemination and dissemination actions, at national and international level. The candidate must: (1) participate in the assessment of the fate and behavior of nanomaterials in media with different ionic strength; (2) assess the marine ecotoxicity (in 10 marine species of microalgae and invertebrates) and hazard of compounds selected by the consortium; (3) evaluate sub-lethal effects (e.g., oxidative stress; neurotoxicity; genotoxicity) arising from exposure to those compounds; (4) analyze the data obtained and report them in scientific manuscript format, participate in internal meeting and congresses, and prepare one (1) final report.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Research Fellow Statute, as amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of August 28th; Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, Regulation No. 292/2020, published in Diário da República No. 61, Series II, of March 26th; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out mainly at the Centre of Environmental and Marine Studies (CESAM) and Department of Biology of the University of Aveiro, and sporadically at the Department of Materials and Ceramics Engineering, under the scientific supervision of Doctor Roberto Carlos Domingues Martins.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 22 months, starting on 01st of November 2021, and may be renewed, up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 5 and 6 of article 9, of Regulation no. 292/2020, of February 28th, published in Diário da República, no. 61, Series II, of March 26th (Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €1,104.64, according to the table of values of monthly maintenance allowances, set out in Appendix III of the Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, subject to any updates that may occur and are applicable. The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan
10. Selection methods: The selection method to be used will be the following: curricular evaluation of the candidate, with the respective valuation of 100%, according to the following criteria: academic qualifications (40%); scientific publications (30%); proven experience in ecotoxicological tests with marine organisms (20%) and solid domain of dynamic light scattering techniques to assess the fate and behavior of nanomaterials in aqueous dispersions (10%).
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: The jury responsible for the selection will be constituted by the President, Dr. Roberto Carlos Domingues Martins (Junior Researcher and Coordinator of the NANOGREEN Project, CESAM & Department of Biology, University of Aveiro), by the effective members, Dr. Fernando César Perina (Researcher, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro) and Prof. Dr. Susana Patrícia Mendes Loureiro (Assistant Professor with Aggregation, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro) and alternate members, and Dr. Maria Pavlaki (Researcher, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro) and Prof. Dr. João André da Costa Tedim (Assistant Professor, Department of Materials and Ceramics Engineering, University of Aveiro).
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from 20th September of 2021 to 01st October of 2021, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae (including ORCID or ResearchID; all papers must include DOI and/or link for validation of the provided information), certificate of qualifications, declaration of honor and other supporting documents deemed relevant. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 60 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days from the respective notification.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until March 2022 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).
- University of Aveiro, 18th September of 2021
Dr. Roberto Carlos Domingues Martins
EURAXESS offer ID: 686755
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.