ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cologne
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Condensed matter properties
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Köln
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39,83
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Senior researcher (f/m/d)
Optical Condensed Matter Science Group | II. Physical Institute
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The optical condensed matter physics group at the University of Cologne (http://loosdrecht.ph2.uni-koeln.de/) focuses on magnetism and non-equilibrium dynamics in quantum materials, and actively collaborates with other experimental and theoretical groups within the CRC 1238 “Control and Dynamics of Quantum Materials” and the TIDE graduate school.
- The successful candidate will develop his own research program with a focus on exciton physics, charge separation and transport, and energy transport in organic photovoltaic materials. He/she will collaborate in the TIDE graduate school, and be involved in the further development, operation, and maintenance of ultrafast laser based experiments in the ultra-fast optical spectroscopy group of Prof. van Loosdrecht at the University of Cologne.
You are an independent researcher with
- a PhD degree in physics or physical chemistry, and
- a focus on optics and/or ultrashort laser spectroscopy.
- You have professional experience with ultrafast spectroscopy and lasers,
- and a strong interest in condensed matter and pi-conjugated systems,
- as well as excellent written and oral communicational skills.
WE OFFER YOU
- excellent research infrastructure, including time resolved MOKE, Raman, THz, and transient grating spectroscopy
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available at the earliest possible time on a full -time basis (39,83 hours per week). It is initially limited to a term of 3 years with the possibility of continuation. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications. The reference number is Wiss2109-02. The application deadline is 15.10. 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Thomas Koethe (email@example.com).
EURAXESS offer ID: 686684
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.