ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Copenhagen (UCPH)
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesComputer scienceMathematicsMedical sciencesTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/10/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
The Danish Stem Cell Center (DanStem) at Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen is looking for a Technical-Administrative-Personnel (AC-TAP) candidate to join the Żylicz group starting December 2021 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology – DanStem has been established as a result of a series of international recruitments coupled with internationally recognized research groups focused on insulin producing beta cells and cancer research already located at the University of Copenhagen. DanStem addresses basic research questions in stem cell and developmental biology and has activities focused on the translation of promising basic research results into new strategies and targets for the development of new therapies for cancer and chronic diseases such as diabetes and liver failure. Find more information about the Center at http://danstem.ku.dk/http://danstem.ku.dk/.
As a Bioinformatician in the Żylicz team, you will be working in a collaborative effort to uncover the principles of stem cell biology. You will be responsible for processing, analyzing and interpreting Next-Generation Sequencing data from bulk and single-cell experiments (transcriptomics, epigenomics). In this way you will assist in research projects in collaboration with other PhD students and/or post-doctoral fellows.
- To develop and maintain computational workflows to process and analyze single-cell and bulk sequencing data.
- To apply the computational tools on primary data from research projects within the Żylicz team.
- To develop new approaches and methods when needed.
The successful applicant is expected to learn new computational tools and become able to use them autonomously. Furthermore she/he will attend weekly seminars and laboratory meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in data science, applied math, applied statistics, bioinformatics, computer science, systems biology, biotechnology or the like.
- Solid programming skills in the scripting languages Python or R.
- Experience with computational tools for processing transcriptomic and/or epigenomic datasets.
- Experience in using the Unix/Linux operating system is required.
- Highly motivated and ambitious candidates are encouraged to apply. The position requires solid previous work experience from an established research laboratory or private company.
- Previous experience in a similar position will be an advantage.
- The applicant should be reliable and well organized. The work requires independence and demands flexibility and accuracy. Further, you must have good interpersonal skills and interest in working in an international team.
- Knowledge of cell biology, stem cell biology or developmental biology is an advantage.
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written, are prerequisite for the successful candidate.
Terms of salary, work, and employment
The position as academic staff is full time and is scheduled to start 1 December 2021 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate. The duration of the employment is 2 years.
The place of work is at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology (Danstem), University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3B, Copenhagen.
Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). In addition to the basic salary, a monthly contribution to a pension fund is added (17.1% of the salary).
For further information please contact Associate Professor Jan Żylicz, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org@sund.ku.dk.
Your application in English must be submitted electronically by clicking ‘Apply now’ below. The application must include the following documents in PDF format:
- Letter of application addressing the requirements (max. one page).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A certified/signed copy of certificate(s) of education.
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements
Application deadline: 17 October 2021, 23:59 pm
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.
EURAXESS offer ID: 686235
Posting organisation offer ID: 746466
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.