ORGANISATION/COMPANYLudwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Digital systemsComputer science › Informatics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/10/2021 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Salzburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention (LBI-DHP; https://dhp.lbg.ac.at/) researches novel technology-assisted interventions to provide long term, sustainable, efficient and effective support to patients for health-promoting behavior change.
In close collaboration with our partners at the Paris Lodron University Salzburg (PLUS; Faculty of Mathematics and Centre for Human-Computer Interaction), the University of Applied Sciences (FH Salzburg), Salzburg Research, the Austrian Institute of Technology, and the University Hospital of Salzburg (SALK), the LBI-DHP follows an impact-oriented research agenda. That aim is pursued by bringing together interdisciplinary expertise and approaches both within the institute research group, as well as through the partner network that also includes a broad range of local stakeholder organizations. Novel digital health systems and interventions are developed and evaluated at levels ranging from exploratory prototypes to scalable publicly available platforms and clinical outcome studies.
You are enthusiastic to create and shape novel digital health solutions.
• Design studies and accompany the implementation of digital health systems with data analytics strategies for a long-term integration of multiple data-streams, including continuous sensor data
• Conduct research on adaptivity and personalization of mobile technologies for health
• Conduct research on technology-assisted behavior change and decision support systems
• Contribute to the development of a user-friendly mHealth platform, esp. data processing and analytics
• Collaborate in clinical studies of novel technology-assisted interventions
• Work collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary and international team
• Lead on and contribute to collaborative, interdisciplinary publications
• Co-supervise PhD-candidates, master students and interns
• Work hours: 40 hours per week (lower percentage can be subject to negotiation)
• Location: Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Digital Health and Prevention at the University Hospital of Salzburg (SALK), Lindhofstrasse 22, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
• Earliest start: 2021 November 01
• Duration: 48 months (4 years)
• Salary: € 55.244 per year before tax (€ 3.946.- per month before tax * 14 months)
For informal queries please feel encouraged to contact Dr.-Ing. Jan Smeddinck: email@example.com or +43 57 255 82711.
Please send your application including CV, three selected publications, as well as optionally a portfolio of your research, implementation, and/or other work and project experiences in any format (PDF, GitHub, website, etc., links to common trusted cloud storage providers are fine for larger file sizes) to firstname.lastname@example.org until 2021 October 15. (Application documents can optionally be encrypted using the PGP key at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKxtvtURRHqfq8seTTVxV1hzScDgQ6Yf.)
• PhD and excellent publications in the areas of (applied) data science and/or (digital health) multi-device systems engineering
• Expertise in software development, ideally backend, frontend, as well as experience with real-time data processing and analytics at scale
• Expertise in methods and conduct of system evaluations and studies
• Experience in data analytics with longitudinal / timeseries data
• Experience with machine learning for personalization and/or adaptive systems and/or user modeling
• Independent work style and high self-motivation
• Interest in complex and challenging tasks and topics
• Excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility, resilience, and teamwork ability
• Excellent conduct of the English language; German skills welcome but not required
EURAXESS offer ID: 685908
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.