ORGANISATION/COMPANYTokyo Institute of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Civil engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/10/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Tokyo
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Position title: Assistant Professor
Number of Openings: 1
Area of Specialization:
Smart city, specifically, in the field of Infrastructure Planning or Transportation Research
The successful candidate will carry on education and research in the above area of specialization and will contribute to administration in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Graduate Major in Civil Engineering). The successful candidate will be required to take responsibility for undergraduate-level courses including the Urban and Transport Planning Project.
Location: Ookayama Campus
Proposed Start Date:
April 1st, 2022 or the earliest possible date thereafter
De facto working hours* under the discretionary labor system for professional work:
7 hours 45 minutes per day (38 hours 45 minutes per week)
* Hours considered as working hours
Fixed-term appointments will be for up to 5 years. Reappointment may be possible for one additional term of up to 5 years. The total term is limited to a maximum of 10 years from the original date of employment.
Probationary Period: 6 months
The successful candidate will be paid under the "Annual Salary System with Lump-Sum Retirement Allowance" pursuant to the Institute's Regulations on Wage and Salary for Staff under Annual Salary System with Lump-Sum Retirement Allowance. In accordance with the regulations, the amount of annual salary will be determined based on the standard level for the first fiscal year of employment, and will be based on performance evaluations in subsequent years. A retirement allowance will be paid separately at the time of retirement.
# Annual salary examples (The amounts listed below are only examples provided in the regulations and do not relate to this position.)
- Assistant professor hired immediately after completing a doctoral degree.
Standard: JPY 5,000,000
Minimum*: JPY 4,800,000
Maximum*: JPY 5,600,000
* The minimum and maximum amounts will vary depending on performance.
Social insurance and other benefits:
Employee's pension, Mutual Aid Association short-term benefits (health insurance), employment insurance, worker's compensation insurance.
Employer: President of National University Corporation Tokyo Institute of Technology
1. Application documents will not be returned. The personal information provided in the submitted documents will be used solely for recruitment and not for any other purpose, pursuant to the Institute's applicable rules and regulations.
2. Tokyo Institute of Technology, in order to ensure a diverse workforce, guarantees equal opportunities for all individuals regardless of nationality or gender.
3. Smoking is prohibited on campus (excluding designated outdoor smoking areas).
4. For more information, please refer to the following link.
EURAXESS offer ID: 685280
Posting organisation offer ID: D121090650
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.