ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Aveiro
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Aveiro
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE15/10/2021
A tender is hereby opened for the award of one Research Grant (RG), in the framework of the project i9rCB (POCI-01-0247-FEDER-070066) (ref. 08.181), financed by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) through the Competitiveness and Internationalization Operational Program (POCI), in the following conditions:
1. Scientific area: Chemical Engineering
2. Source of Funding: POCI-01-0247-FEDER-070066
1) The candidates must be enrolled (or apt to become enrolled) in a PhD program in Chemical Engineering and must hold a Master's degree in Chemical Engineering (Integrated master program or a 1st and 2nd cycle organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process, both in Chemical Engineering) with a minimum grade of 16 in the Portuguese scale (0 – 20).
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in a PhD program in Chemical Engineering.
In the case of academic degrees awarded by foreign higher education institutions they must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, with the conversion of the respective final grade to the Portuguese grading scale, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute in the wording given by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, and also the provisions of article 9 of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro. The duration of the RG is, as a rule, annual, extendable to a maximum of two years, in the case of master's degrees and integrated master's degrees, 12 months in case of non-degree courses, and four years in case of PhD program and the respective duration, including renewal, may be consecutive or interpolated, pursuant to no. 5 of Article 9 of the above mentioned Regulation.
5. Work Plan: Experimental study the activation of recovered carbon black produced by pyrolysis of end-of-life tires. Assembling of a laboratory facility and a pilot-scale facility. Tests will be carried out at both scales and the final products will be analysed by several methods. Modelling of the activation process will be carried out.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Research Fellow Statute, as amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of August 28th; Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, Regulation No. 292/2020, published in Diário da República No. 61, Series II, of March 26th; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at CICECO – Aveiro Institute of Materials, University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor Maria Inês Purcell de Portugal Branco and Professor Carlos Manuel Silva.
8. Duration of the grant: The grant duration will be 12 months, starting in October of 2021 and eventually renewable until the end of the project.
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to € 1.104,64, according to the table of values of monthly maintenance allowances, set out in Appendix III of the Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, subject to any updates that may occur and are applicable. The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan. The Grant also includes the tuition fees associated with enrolment in PhD program in Chemical Engineering.
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be as follows: the applications that meet the admission requirements will be assessed by the two followings items and weights: (i) CV assessment (80 %), and knowledge and skills relevant for the work plan (20 %). (ii) In case of doubt, the two top-graded candidates will be invited for an interview and, in this case, the formal assessment will weight 70 % and the interview will weigh 30 %. The CV assessment will consider: the final grade of the Integrated Master degree in Chemical Engineering (or the weighted averages of the 1st and 2nd cycles); the relevance of the master thesis for the work plan; laboratory experience; knowledge and skills related to analytical methods, process modelling and simulation, written and spoken English; any knowledge in the area of the work plan. Priority will be given to candidates formed in the last two years. The interview will be conducted in Portuguese and English.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: Professor Maria Inês Purcell de Portugal Branco as Chair, Professors Carlos Manuel Silva and Ana Margarida Barros Timmons as full members, and Professors Francisco Avelino Freitas and Mário Quialheiro Simões as alternate members.
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from 17 to 30 of September of 2021, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: i) certificate of qualifications with the final grade of the Integrated Master (or certificate of qualifications with the final grades of the 1st e 2nd cycles) and other courses the candidate may hold; ii) curriculum vitae, dated and signed by the candidate; iii) master thesis; iv) other documents deemed relevant by the candidate or that prove the elements mentioned in the CV; v) e-mail address to which, by such indication, they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Bolsa de Investigação i9rCB”.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 60 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days from the respective notification.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until 31 of December of 2021 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
EURAXESS offer ID: 683625
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.