ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cologne
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/10/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Köln
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK41
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
PostDoc Position (f/m/d)
Chair in Business Analytics
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The University’s Information Systems department is well-known for its reputation. Faculty members have published in Management Science, Marketing Science, MIS Quarterly, and other top-tier journals. Research at the Chair in Business Analytics concerns opportunities and challenges of the digital economy. We use a broad range of methods such as machine learning, Bayesian methods, field experiments, or text mining.
- engage in current research of the group (research in the context of the digital economy)
- contribute to top-tier journal publications
- support teaching activities
- engage in chair activities
- completed master‘s degree (MA) or equivalent degree from a university or other equivalent institution of higher education
- excellent doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in either Information Systems, Computer Science, Psychology, or Marketing
- excellent command of English
- excellent data analysis skills (e.g., R)
- excited about digital business/economy
- dedicated towards a scientific career
We Offer You
- opportunity to get a habilitation, access to an international network
- a diverse and fair working environment support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from 01.11.2021 on a full-time basis. The position is to be filled for a fixed term until 31.10.2024. If the necessecary prerequisites required by civil service law as well as the sought-after personal qualifications are met, the salary will correspond to the pay grade A 13.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2109-08 to email@example.com. The application deadline is 10.10.2021.
EURAXESS offer ID: 683606
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.