ORGANISATION/COMPANYRWTH Aachen University
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering › Electrical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Aachen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2021
We have open vacancies for research assistants / Ph.D. students at the Institute for Communication Technologies and Embedded Systems (www.ice.rwth-aachen.de) of RWTH Aachen University with Univ.-Prof. Haris Gačanin.
The ICE (www.ice.rwth-aachen.de) performs R&D projects in different areas of communications, embedded, and cyber-physical system design. Our main application domains are next-generation wireless communications, automotive electronics, cyber-security, and Industry 4.0. ICE maintains tight cooperation with industry partners worldwide and has transferred numerous technologies to semiconductor vendors, system houses, and EDA companies.
This position is a part of the development of a novel physical-layer design for low-latency applications including following topics, device-to-device communications, multi-antenna systems, channel estimation, adaptive equalization, radio resource management, beamforming, radar/sensing-communications. We are looking for researchers who can develop concepts and prototype new communication ideas. The successful candidates will have extensive career development and mentoring opportunities. The researchers will present their work internally and externally, to technical and non-technical audiences. It is highly expected to publish research results in top-quality IEEE journals and conferences.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and limited to two years. An extension for 2 years is posssible.
The salary corresponds to pay grade EG 13 TV-L of the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. We also offer a comprehensive continuing education scheme and a public transportation ticket available at a significantly reduced price.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung
Your application must include:
- A research statement (max 1 page) indicating the candidate’s research interests, achievements, plans, and how these fit with the above position requirements and our ongoing research.
- Brief description of projects in C/C++/SDRs/FPGA.
- Curriculum vitae (e.g., publications, R&D skills, awards, fellowships, grants).
- Copies of BSc and MSc degrees (or date of expected graduation), an official transcript of the completed subjects with GPA
- Names of at least two references
How to apply?
Send the required documents in the order 1) - 5) within a single pdf file
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentGERMAN: Good
- Applicants must hold a Master of Science in electrical engineering or computer science equivalent and compliant to RWTH Aachen requirements for a Ph.D.
- The candidates must have excellent knowledge of radio/wireless communications, probability theory, and linear algebra with applications in signal processing. Evidence of projects applying machine learning is a plus.
- Practical skills in at least one of two directions. List the evidence in the form of past projects. It is expected that missing skills will be proactively improved.
- Extensive knowledge in C or C++ (we do not use Matlab) and Linux. List the evidence in the form of past projects.
- Extensive hands-on experience with at least one of the software-defined radio (SDR) platforms and FPGA programming.
- The candidates must have excellent team player spirit and communication skills while being able to work independently. High proficiency in oral and written English is mandatory.
This position is a part of the development of a novel physical-layer design for low-latency applications including following topics, device-to-device communications, multi-antenna systems, channel estimation, adaptive equalization, radio resource management, mmWave/sub-6GHz beamforming, radar/sensing-communications. We are looking for researchers who can develop concepts and prototype new communication ideas.
EURAXESS offer ID: 683344
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.