ORGANISATION/COMPANYHebrew University of Jerusalem
RESEARCH FIELDGeosciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/10/2021 20:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONIsrael › Jerusalem
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
Development of an improved atmospheric dust aerosol model for the Middle East
Prof. Dorita Rostkier-Edelstein, The Hebrew University
Prof. Itzhak Katra, Ben-Gurion University
Prof. Igor Rogachevskii, Ben-Gurion University
- Research focused on incorporation of new dust emissions and turbulence formulations in WRF-Chem atmospheric and dust model
- Integration of field experiments with numerical modeling.
The ideal candidate is a curious and driven person with strong communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate should be motivated to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ph.D. in meteorological mesoscale modeling.
• Experience in working with WRF and WRF-Chem models.
• Good knowledge of Linux environment, shell scripting (e.g. sh, csh, perl, python) and Fortran 90.
• Good English skills (both writing and speaking).
Please send your application by e-mail to
titled “WRF-Chem position”. The application should include a CV (including education history and publication record), a brief statement of research interests and future career plans, and the names and contact information of two or more references. Suitable candidates will apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships. Details including eligibility, selection and responsibilities may be found at:
EURAXESS offer ID: 683169
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.