ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstituto Português do Mar e da Atmosfera, I.P.
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/09/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP FOR GRADUATED MASTER STUDENT
It is made public that, by deliberation of the Director Council of IPMA, I.P. from 25/08/2021, an opening call to award one Research Fellowship (1st cycle holder) was authorized, in the scientific field of Geosciences, Geology or Geophysics, within the framework of the project ATLAS – Advanced Tri-axis Lightweight Aeromagnetic System (PTDC/CTA-GEF/31272/2017) funded by the Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização (component FEDER) and by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT, IP).
1 - Recipients
The fellowship aims for holders of 1st cycle degree, currently MSc students, in Geosciences, Geology or Geophysics.
2 - Admission requirements
The candidate must hold a 1st cycle degree in Earth Sciences, preferably in Geophysics or Geology.
The candidate must currently be MSc student.
3 - Work plan:
The work plan for the candidate to be recruited includes the following activities:
- Interpretation of magnetic anomaly data and relation with rock magnetic properties
- Magnetic-gravimetric modeling of seismo-stratigraphic profiles
- Participation in field work and processing of acquired data
- Participation in scientific production.
The following objectives are expected in the frame of the work plan:
- Production of MSc thesis
- Production of scientific paper
4 - Duration
The fellowship will have the duration of 8 months, eventually extendable until the end of the project depending on budget availability, or until the maximum time allowed for this type of fellowship. Envisaged start at 01/11/2021, in exclusive dedication.
5 - Supervision and workplace
The work will be developed at the organic unit Marine Geology Division (DivGM) at IPMA headquarters (Rua C do Aeroporto, 1749-077 Lisboa), under the scientific supervision of Dr Marta Neres.
6 - Value of monthly maintenance allowance
The amount for the fellowship corresponds to 835.98 €, according to the table of values approved by FCT, IP (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.phtml.pt). If applicable, the fellow may be reimbursed of the value corresponding to Seguro Social Voluntário (1st contributory level), as defined in the Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação. The fellow will benefit from a personal injury insurance during the duration of the fellowship. The monthly remuneration will be paid by bank transfer by the IPMA, I.P. services to the indicated bank account.
7 - Funding
Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização (component FEDER) e Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, through the ATLAS (PTDC/CTA-GEF/31272/2017)
8 - Jury members
President: Dra Marta Neres, IPMA researcher
1st member: Dr Pedro Terrinha, IPMA auxiliar researcher
2nd member: Dr Vitor Magalhães, IPMA auxiliar researcher
1 st substitute member: Dr Machiel Bos, ATLAS project researcher ATLAS, Universidade da Beira Interior
9 - Selection methods and criteria
9.1. Admission requirements: all candidates fulfilling the points 2 and 12 in this notice will be admitted.
9.2. Evaluation method: the candidates will be evaluated by curricular assessment (CA).
9.3. The Curricular Assessment (CA) is expressed quantitatively from 0 to 20 points, according to
CA = 0,3*A + 0,7*B in which:
A evaluates the academic merit of the candidate, as the average classification of Graduation and post-graduation studies.
B evaluates the previous experience in the required functions according to the following:
- Field work for acquisition of geophysical data (7 points)
- Participation in scientific research work (7 points)
- Other relevant experience (6 points)
9.4. The final classification of each candidate will be decided by simple majority of the jury members.
9.5. Ordered List of the Final Classification: candidates admitted to the call will be ranked by the classification given by the jury. A minimum classification of 13.0 is required for further eligibility.
9.6. The jury members will conduct the necessary meetings to reach the final decision, documenting in minutes all the procedures used, as well as all the elements considered relevant for the final decision.
9.7. The ranking list of eligible candidates will constitute a “reserve selection list” in case of renunciation of the selected candidate during the project duration, according to the Administrative Procedure Code.
10 - Communication of results
Upon approval of the ranked list by the Director Council of IPMA, I.P., the evaluation process is considered closed, and the candidates will be notified, to the indicated email address, within 5 working days, and hearing process will be conducted under the terms of the article 122 of the Administrative Procedure Code, approved by Decree-Law No. 4/2015, 7 January.
11 - Contest approval
Upon conclusion of the hearing process and its appreciation by the jury members, the final decision will be proposed for approval by the IPMA’s Board of Directors.
12 - Application
Applications to the research fellowship must be formalized by sending, to the email email@example.com , the application form available at:
https://www.ipma.pt/export/sites/ipma/bin/docs/organizacionais/IPMA-FORMULARIO-CANDIDATURA-CC-v1.0.pdf along with the following documents:
- Copy of the identification document;
- Certificate of permanent residence, authorization for permanent residence or long-term residence status, if applicable;
- Documents attesting the conditions required by the type of fellowship, namely diplomas attesting the academic degree(s). In case of degrees obtained at foreign institutions, an official recognition by a Portuguese university is required;
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate, updated, detailed and signed;
- Copy of the documents attesting the professional experience and training, namely recommendation letters, course or internship certificates;
- Recent document attesting the current professional status, indicating the nature of the link and functions. If the candidate does not carry out any professional or service activity, this document may be replaced by a declaration of honor attesting this fact;
- Document attesting current inscription in MSc course.
The reference “Application to fellowship IPMA-2021-016-BI” should be indicated in the subject of the application email.
If the certificates mentioned in c) and g) are not available at the due date of the application, the candidate may replace them by declarations of his/her own responsibility, with the corresponding information. In case of selection, the official certificates must be sent to IPMA, IP before the contract being handled. If the documents referred in b), c), and g) are not delivered within 1 month after the publication of results, the fellowship is not granted.
13 – Application period:
Applications may be submitted during the period from 13th to 24th September 2021.
14 – Legislation and regulation applicable
- Statute of the Scholarships for Scientific Research, approved by Law No. 40/2004 of 18 August, as amended by Law No. 202/2012 of 27 August, Law No. 12/2013 of 29 January, Decree-Law No. 89/2013, of 9 July, Decree-Law No. 233/2013 of 29 October and Decree-Law No 123/2019 of 28 August;
- Grants Regulation of the FCT, I. P., approved by Regulation No 950/2019 of 29 November, published on 16 December 2019;
- Administrative Procedure Code, approved by Decree-Law No. 4/2015, 7 January;
- Grants Regulation of IPMA, IP, published in Diário da República, 2nd series – part C, No 154 of 10 August 2020.
The Jury’s President,
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Experience in seismo-stratigraphic interpretation and combined potential field data modelling
EURAXESS offer ID: 682253
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.