ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Aveiro
RESEARCH FIELDArts › OtherCommunication sciences › Audiovisual communication
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Aveiro
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE16/10/2021
A tender is hereby opened for the award of one (1) Research Grant (RG) in the scope of R&D projects Instituto de Etnomusicologia Centro de Estudos em Música e Dança, INET-md – University of Aveiro, ref. UIDB/00472/2020, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Information and Communication Technology / Music / Visual Anthropology
Masters in Multimedia, Arts of Sound and Image, Cinematographic studies, Sound Production and Technologies, Music or related areas (enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree integrated in the educational project of the University of Aveiro).
- Experience in moving images capture in different contexts;
- Experience in audiovisual editing;
- Experience in directing documentaries and/or ethnographic films;
- Publication of audiovisual documents;
- Participation in documentary/ethnographic film festivals;
- Publication of academic research;
- Participation in academic events.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 and 2 of article 6 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. The RG(s) awarded to undergraduate or master students enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree may only be granted to those who do not exceed, upon conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of two years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated, under the terms of no.5 of article 6 of the aforementioned Regulations.
5. Work plan: The work to be developed is directly related with the tasks of the Research Unit (RU) including image and sound directing and capturing in academic events and other activities related with the research at the RU, and participate in field work together with the teams of the projects of the RU, particularly in the project SOMA: Sons e Memórias de Aveiro. The work will be developed with the researchers of INET-md/UA and also include:
Organization and cataloguing of audiovisual files;
Recording of interviews;
Recording of performances;
Participation in the production of audiovisual documentaries;
Participation in the organization of events;
Participation in the elaboration of reports of the RU.
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at Instituto de Etnomusicologia - Centro de Estudos em Música e Dança in the University of Aveiro, under the scientific supervision of Professor Doctor Susana Bela Soares Sardo.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 12 months, starting in October of 2021, and may be renewed for additional periods of 12 months, up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 3 and 4 of article 6, of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to €1,104.64, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan
10. Selection methods: The selection methods will be the following: curriculum vitae assessment (with evidence of the required elements) including the portfolio assessment. If needed, there will be an interview to the top 3 candidates (curriculum vitae assessment – 80% and interview – 20%).
The criteria will be classified in a scale of zero to twenty according to the following:
Curriculum vitae assessment – 80% with the following weights: Master grade - 50%, and the proven experience in the area - 50% (any experience – zero points; reduced experience – 10 points; relevant experience – 16 points; extremely relevant experience – 20 points);
Interview – 20% with the following weights: communication skills – 20%, and experience in the audiovisual domain in the previously referred areas and participation in scientific and cultural events – 80%.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury: The jury has the following composition Professor Doctor Susana Sardo (Chair), Ana Flávia Lopes Miguel (permanent member) and Jorge Castro Ribeiro (permanent member), (2 alternate members – Maria do Rosário Correia Pestana and Pedro de Moura Aragão)
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from 13 to 30 September, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: Curriculum Vitae, certificate of qualifications, portfolio (with links to already edited films), and a declaration of honor to confirm that the candidate meets the requirements for enrolment in a course that does not confer an academic degree. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published through an ordered list alphabetically posted on the University's website, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until 18 February 2022 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt)
EURAXESS offer ID: 682206
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.