ORGANISATION/COMPANYMineral and Energy Economy Research Institute Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDGeosciences › Geology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2021 15:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Cracow
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2021
The Director of the Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences announces the competition for the position of the Institute’s Professor in the area of geothermal energy - conducting research and executing scientific and implementation projects in the field of recognition and management of energy from renewable sources, in particular geothermal energy, for the RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES DIVISION (branch in Bańska Niżna).
The Candidates shall comply with all the conditions laid down in Article 89, Section 5 of the Act on the Polish Academy of Sciences from 30 April 2010 as amended.
1. An application for employment addressed to the Director of the Institute*.
3. Documents confirming fulfilling the Requirements, including holding the post-doctoral (Dr. Sc.) degree in the field of Earth sciences, discipline: geology, specialty: geothermal energy; or in the field of engineering and technical science, discipline: environmental engineering, mining and power engineering,
4. Statement that the Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences, is the candidate’s primary workplace (if they win the competition).
5. Statement on the acceptance of the competition requirements.
* Including the following note: I hereby give consent for my personal data included in the job offer to be processed, only for the purposes of recruitment for a scientific position, by the Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences, based in Cracow on ul. Wybickiego 7A. I declare that I share my data voluntarily, and the denial to disclose the data results in my being excluded from the recruitment procedure. Furthermore, I declare that I have the right to access my personal data and to modify it, and I have the right to withdraw the consent for my personal data processing by sending an e-mail to: inspektorODO@min-pan.krakow.pl, and I have the right for submitting a claim to the Personal Data Protection Office (Warsaw, ul. Stawki 2). (According to the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free flow of such data).
- Status – a full-time job.
- Employment period - permanent since 1st November 2021.
- The Candidates are kindly requested to submit their applications by 01st 2021 to the Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences (31-261 Kraków, J. Wybickiego 7A) in an envelope with an annotation: Competition – Announcement No. 8/2021.
- The competition will be adjudicated on 6th October 2021.
- The Candidates will be informed about the competition results.
- The Institute does not provide accommodation.
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCEMore than 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELGeosciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentPOLISH: Good
- Post-doctoral degree (Dr. Sc.) in the field of Earth sciences, discipline: geology, specialty: geothermal energy; or in the field of engineering and technical science, discipline: environmental engineering, mining and power engineering,
- Significant scientific output in research in general, and research and development projects related to geothermal water and energy,
- Information about scientific output, including:
- experience in the implementation and coordination of research projects (national and international ones, including EU projects), statutory research, own research and work for economic units,
- participation in scientific life (partaking in national and international conferences, symposiums, national and international organisations, scientific societies, organisation of conferences, symposiums, seminars and maintaining international contacts),
- participation in opinion-making works (reviews, expert studies, opinions, etc.),
- active participation in organisation activities.
- Evaluation of the scientific output carried out by at least one independent scientist from outside the Institute.
An additional advantage will be:
• University degree in geology and mining or geology.
• Completed post-graduate training abroad, on geothermal energy, in a renowned centre.
• Selected publications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 682154
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.