RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Fukuoka
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Description of the institution]
The laboratory of Soil and Environmental Microbiology, department of Systems Bioengineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University deals with education and research concerning elucidation of microbial ecology and function in various soils and environments, and concerning establishment of sustainable system for environmental conservation and resource utilization by microorganisms.
1)Elucidation of microbiota and their functions of complex microbial ecosystems in environments, e.g. soils
2)Isolation of useful microorganisms and/or uncultured microorganisms from complex microbial ecosystems in environments, e.g. soils
3)Application of microorganisms for environmental conservation, bioresource utilization, and sustainable production
For this recruitment, the applicant would be recruited with outstanding insight and excellent knowledge for research in the areas 1) to 3) above and the following prerequisites: have research achievement in all 3 areas or have research achievement in areas 1) and 2) with the strong motivation to study in the area 3).
The successful candidate will be expected to teach the following subjects and supervise research activities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in Japanese, with some of the teaching and supervision done in English.
(1)Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences
(Course of Systems Bioengineering)
Advanced Environmental Microbiology (Omnibus), Advanced Complex Microbiology (Omnibus), Systems Bioengineering Project Research, Seminar in Systems Bioengineering I∙II, Advanced Studies in Systems Bioengineering I∙II, Presentation Skill for Academic Meeting I∙II, International Presentation Skill for Academic Meeting, Seminar in International Exchange I∙II∙III∙IV, Teaching Practice in Systems Bioengineering, Internship, etc.
Master's Thesis Research I∙II, Seminar in a Specified Field I∙II, Presentation Skill for Academic Meeting I∙II, International Presentation Skill for Academic Meeting, Teaching Practice in Systems Bioengineering, Internship, etc.
(Course of Systems Bioengineering)
Research Training on Systems Bioengineering, Advanced Topics on Systems Bioengineering, Tutorial on Systems Bioengineering, Seminar in Systems Bioengineering I∙II, Presentation Skill for Academic Meeting I∙II, International Presentation Skill for Academic Meeting, Seminar in International Exchange I∙II∙III∙IV, Teaching Practice in Systems Bioengineering, Project research, Internship, etc.
(Program of Agricultural Chemistry, School of Agriculture)
Bioanalysis ∙ Instrumental Analysis I∙II (Omnibus), Experiment of Analytical Chemistry, Experiment of Physical Chemistry, Experiment of Basic Microbiology, Advanced Experiment of Agricultural Chemistry, etc.
Microbiology (Omnibus), etc.
Natural Science Experiments
In charge as necessary
Class teaching and research guidance in Japanese are essential.
[Address of work location and other information]
744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka (Ito Camupus)
One Assistant Professor
[Starting date, employment date, etc.]
April 1, 2022
[Treatment after recruitment]
(1) Employment Duration:
Assistant Professor (tenured): Full time, with a mandatory retirement age of 65.
(2) Salary and Benefits
Appointment level to be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary and benefits are specified in the Kyushu University regulations. For further information, visit the following university website (in Japanese) or apply to the General Affairs Section, Faculty of Agriculture:
General Affairs Section, Faculty of Agriculture (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Appointment at the level of Assistant Professor may also be made as a fixed term contract of 5 years. This is subject to a maximum period of employment of 10 years total in any position at Kyushu University. A specific Annual salary scheme applies to fixed term contract appointments. For details please visit the following pages (in Japanese):
(3) Probationary period: A three-month probationary period.
(4) Place of employment: Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University Ito campus (744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka, JAPAN).
(5) Working hours, Break time, Overtime: Based on Discretionary Labor System for professional work.
[Rest periods, various insurances]
(1) Days off: Every Saturday and Sunday, national holidays, and New Year's holidays from December 29-January 3 in addition to an annual leave entitlement.
(2) Social Insurance
Employee shall enroll in: Employment insurance, Compensation Insurance, Health Insurance, Employees' pension insurance.
[The measures against second-hand smoking in your workplace.]
No smoking on Campus
(1) For more information about the Faculty of Agriculture, please visit the following website. http://www.agr.kyushu-u.ac.jp/
(2) Kyushu University is an equal opportunity employer and follows the principles of the Basic Act for Gender Equal Society (Act No.78 of 1999), Act on Employment Promotion etc. of Persons with Disabilities (Act No. 123 of 1960, revised in 2013), and the Act on the Elimination of Discrimination against Persons with Disabilities (Act No. 65 of 2013).
(3) The System of Employment of Faculty Members with Accompanying Spouse has been implemented in Kyushu University since July 18, 2017.
EURAXESS offer ID: 681914
Posting organisation offer ID: D121081461
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.