ORGANISATION/COMPANYEscola Superior de Design, Gestão e Tecnologias da Produção de Aveiro - Norte da Universidade de Aveiro
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/09/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Oliveira de Azeméis
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
A tender is hereby opened for the award of one Research Grant(s) (RG) in the scope of R&D project “AM4CER - Additive Manufacturing for Industrial Ceramics”, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-047102, for the vacancy of Bolseiro Mestre 1, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Mechanical Engineering or related area
2. Funding Source: financed by the European Regional Development Fund – FEDER, through Competitiveness and Internationalization Operational Program – POCI.
3. Admission Requirements:
1) Students enrolled or that meet the necessary conditions to enroll in a Doctoral Program in Mechanical Engineering or related area
2) Master in the field of Mechanical Engineering or related area (enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree integrated in the educational project of the University of Aveiro).
3) Qualified knowledge for programming CAD / CAM systems, CNC, and additive manufacturing technologies is valued.
(View Courses at: Courses - University of Aveiro (ua.pt) and Training at UA - Universidade de Aveiro)
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in an integrated master's degree, master's or doctoral program or in a course that does not confer an academic degree.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, as well as nos. 1 and 2 of article 6 of the Research Grant Regulations of the Foundation for Science and Technology. The RG(s) awarded to undergraduate or master students enrolled in courses that do not confer academic degree may only be granted to those who do not exceed, upon conclusion of the grant contract in question, including possible renewals, an accumulated period of two years in that type of grant, consecutive or interpolated, under the terms of no.5 of article 6 of the aforementioned Regulations.
5. Work plan:
- Execution of the necessary actions to define the specifications and design of R3D equipment;
- Execution of actions necessary to define requirements and specifications of computational tools and interfaces
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of Scientific Research Grant Holder, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th; Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (FCT, I.P. Research Grants Regulation); Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime for recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Workplace: The work will be carried out at Escola Superior de Design, Gestão e Tecnologias da Produção de Aveiro –Norte (ESAN) of the University of Aveiro, headquartered in Oliveira de Azeméis, under the scientific supervision of Professor Doutor José Martinho Marques de Oliveira.
8. Duration of the grant(s): The grant duration will be 3 months, scheduled to start in October 2021, and may be renewed up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 3 and 4 of article 6, of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.).
9. Amount of monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant corresponds to 1 104.64 €, according to the table of monthly maintenance allowance amounts set out in Annex I of Regulation no. 950/2019, subject to any updates that may be applicable, under the terms of no. 2 of article 18 of Regulation no. 950/2019, of November 29th, published in Diário da República, no. 241, Series II, of December 16th (Research Grants Regulation of FCT, I.P.). The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used will be the following:
Curriculum evaluation (100% with a weighting of 0-20 values for each of the evaluation criteria:
V1 – Adequacy and merit of the candidate´s curriculum considering the opening Scientific Area of the following notice (30%);
V2 - Participation in research projects (50%);
V3 – Letter of interest (20%).
The jury may understand that it is necessary to carry out an individual interview with the candidates, if the evaluation of the candidates' CVs is not sufficient for their ranking. The interview will be carried out with the three best candidates classified in the curriculum evaluation. In this case, the curriculum evaluation will have the weight of 70% and the interview 30%.
The jury has the right to exclude candidates who do not reach the minimum score of 9,5 in a valuation of 0-20.
11. Composition of the Selection Jury:
Head of Jury: Professor Doutor José Martinho Marques de Oliveira;
Effective vowels: Professor Doutor Ricardo Nuno Oliveira Bastos Torcato e o Professor Doutor Paulo Agostinho Silva de Lima;
Substitute vowels: Professor Doutor Daniel Gil Afonso e Professora Doutora Violeta Catarina Marques Clemente.
12. Deadline for applications and how to submit applications: The call is open from September 10th to September 23rd, and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents:
I) Letter of interest (must indicate the grant reference to which you are applying);
II) Curriculum vitae;
III) Certificate of qualifications;
IV) Other supporting documents considered relevant.
You must also indicate the email address to which, by that indication, you agree to be notified for all purposes within the scope of this call.
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and addressed to Professor Doutor José Martinho Marques de Oliveira.
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The final results of the evaluation will be published through an ordered list, posted on the information board at Escola Superior de Design, Gestão e Tecnologias da Produção de Aveiro –Norte (ESAN) of the University of Aveiro, headquartered in Oliveira de Azeméis, within 90 working days after the final date of submission of the application, and the successful candidate will be notified by email. For the purposes of prior hearing of interested parties, the deadline of 10 working days is set, as provided for in the Code of Administrative Procedure. At the end of the period for hearing the interested parties, and in the absence of any response from them, the list of candidates will become final. Candidates may lodge a complaint against the final decision within 15 working days, or appeal to the maximum executive body of the funding entity within 30 working days after notification of the final decision, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of the Research Grants Regulation of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
University of Aveiro, September 9th of 2021
EURAXESS offer ID: 681726
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.