ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCH FIELDEthics in social sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/10/2021 20:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations, cross-disciplinary research, innovation, and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) invites applications for a highly motivated professional to join the Institute at the position of Project Officer.
The selected candidate will mainly support the successful implementation of the Promoting Archaeological Science in the eastern Mediterranean (Promised) Project (expected completion date, Fall 2022), in which CyI is the coordinating institution along with the University of Cambridge and the KU Leuven as the consortium partners (https://www.cyi.ac.cy/index.php/in-focus/another-h2020-funding-success-major-eu-twinning-grant-awarded-to-cyi-for-promoting-archaeological-science-in-the-eastern-mediterranean.html ). The Project Officer will be responsible for the daily management and administration of the project, under the direct supervision of the project PI and the Scientific Coordinator of the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Centre (STARC).
Furthermore, the selected candidate will be expected to support the management and administration of other projects of the Centre in collaboration with the STARC Scientific Coordinator and with the support of the CyI Research and Innovation Management and Support Office (RIMS).
The selected candidate will work closely with all personnel of STARC. Proven experience in coordinating research projects funded by the European Commission, the Research and Innovation Foundation and other funding bodies is considered a substantial advantage but it is not a requirement.
The appointment will be on a full time basis, on a fixed term contract until completion of the project, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds. Immediate availability for this position is required. The rank and remuneration of the position will depend on the selected candidate’s qualifications.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Daily management and administration of the Promised project activities
- Contributes in the administration of other research and innovation projects (various funding sources including EU, Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation (RIF))
- Actively contributes to the execution of general project administration and coordination activities at STARC, including financial reporting, deliverables, communication with funding organisations
- Participates in facilitating the planning and coordination of general STARC activities
- Supports the identification and promotion of research and innovation funding opportunities
- Assists in the development and writing of research and innovation project proposals
- Contributes to the activities of the CyI Research and Innovation Management and Support Office (RIMS).
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://onlinerecruitment.exelsyslive.com/?c=6E7274A2-8EBA-4BEA-905B-06F790EEB566/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Stavroula Georgiadou (email@example.com). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person: Stavroula Georgiadou
Reference number: STARC_PO_21_08
- Master’s degree in Natural/ Social Sciences or Business Administration or related
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office IT
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written Greek and English
- Experience in presenting to group and team meetings
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adopt to a multicultural/multinational environment
- Previous experience of writing and/or supporting researchers in writing research proposals
- Experience in managing EU-funded research projects would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a research/academic institution
EURAXESS offer ID: 681621
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.