ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › Agricultural productsComputer science › InformaticsEngineering › Agricultural engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20
The Department of Sustainable Agricultural Systems, Division of Agricultural Engineering at BOKU University is currently seeking a student employee.
- Support in carrying out experiments (field trials), assistance in developing a digital twin of an agricultural experimental farm (equipment, commissioning and ongoing development)
- Evaluation, installation and operation of measurement and control technology
- Collaboration in the development and supervision of technical facilities for the automatic input of data streams into a farm management information system
- Support and coordination of technology users and students for the input of experimental data into a database
- optional: construction of microcontroller-based measurement and control boards
- optional: collaboration and planning of arable field trials
Required skills and qualifications
- Students (preferably in the field of study agricultural sciences/agricultural engineering, computer science, bioinformatics, geoinformatics, electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent)
Desired skills and qualifications
- Completed technical education (apprenticeship, HTL or FH) in the field of information technology and/or agriculture with a focus on engineering
- Experience ein installation, connection and commissioning of measurement and control technology
- Basic knowledge of the English language
- Practical experience in agriculture would be an advantage
- Class F driving licence and relevant experience would be an advantage
- Ability to work in a team and good communication skills
- Independent processing of orders
- Optional: Knowledge of circuit and PCB design as well as prototype PCB construction
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): C, € 1.073,70
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl. motivation letter and CV to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: email@example.com. (Reference code: 184)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 681573
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.