ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › OtherEngineering › Agricultural engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK20-30
The Department of Sustainable Agricultural Systems, Division of Agricultural Engineering at BOKU University is currently seeking a Postgraduate Research Associate (PhD student level).
The Division of Agricultural Engineering focusses on the development of innovative agriculture machinery. We are looking for a motivated technology enthusiast with an interest in agricultural process engineering with a main focus on smart farming.
- Research in the field of agricultural sciences with a focus on agricultural engineering
- work on research projects with a focus on process engineering, agricultural process engineering and/or mechanical engineering and/or electrical engineering as well as interest/experience in the topic of Agriculture 4.0
- supervision of the institute's location on the experimental farm in Groß-Enzersdorf and process engineering field trials
- acquisition, content-related and administrative handling of scientific projects (including with company partners)
- publication activity
- Co-supervision of theses and dissertations
Required skills and qualifications
- University degree in agricultural sciences with a technical focus or in a technical discipline with an agricultural background (e.g. mechanical engineering, physics, electrical engineering, information technology, computer science or process engineering) or other equivalent university degree
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control engineering as well as mechanical engineering
- Good knowledge of agricultural practices, practical experience desired
Desired skills and qualifications
- Lecturing experience and good presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Confident appearance and leadership qualities
- Good organisational skills and management qualities
- Business fluent English (written and spoken)
- Drivers licence B, C or F
- Collegial communication skills and ability to work in a team
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1, € 2.228,60
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl. motivation letter and CV to the Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, 1190 Vienna, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Reference code: 183)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
EURAXESS offer ID: 681543
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.