ORGANISATION/COMPANYTrilateral Research Ireland and UK
RESEARCH FIELDEthics in social sciences › OtherOther
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › London
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based enterprise, founded in 2004. Our teams include social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide. We apply rigorous, cutting-edge research when developing and assessing new technologies to ensure they achieve sustainable innovation and measurable impact.
Our culture is based on delivering high-quality outputs, through our commitment and passion for what we do. We work in an open and collaborative environment where the team culture provides support amongst peers and colleagues. Find out about our people and our culture, and see how our mission drives the projects we take on, the key data protection services we provide, and the technology products and supplementary services we develop.
We are seeking to recruit a Research Analyst to meet research ethics and data protection requirements across projects and tenders.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the highest research ethics standards and procedures are followed within a variety of research and innovation projects and tenders. Projects relate to the design and development of novel technologies and/or collection and processing of data to support efforts related to climate and environmental issues, crisis and resilience, humanitarian assistance, public health and human security. These projects include EU-funded projects, such as PANDEM-2, RiskPACC, and projects and tenders with Trilateral’s Sociotech Insights Group.
- Recruiting participants for research activities including overseeing information and consent compliance
- Conducting data protection compliance activities within research projects. This would include the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring project partners comply with data protection requirements, including the relevant GDPR provisions;
- Completing European Commission project ethics requirements;
- Mapping personal data flows;
- Identifying and mitigating risks;
- Carrying out Data Protection Impact Assessments where necessary;
- Writing Data Management Plans.
- Providing ethics and data protection guidance and support;
- Conducting social science research on complex and novel issues.
In return, you get ...
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary
- Remote working/ working from home options
- A friendly and enthusiastic team of experts in the field
To Apply: Please submit both your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. References will be required prior to appointment and candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
All applications should be marked specifically as “Research Analyst" in the subject email. We will process applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled, hence we suggest applying early.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.
For any questions about your personal data, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web site for additional job details
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to take own initiative and work independently.
- Academic openness and a positive approach to continuous learning and development.
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates will be studying for or will have completed a master’s degree, preferably in the social sciences. Interdisciplinary backgrounds are also welcomed.
- Proven experience in following ethical standards and procedures for conducting scientific research.
- Practical knowledge and/or experience in applying EU data protection law (GDPR). This includes the ability to analyse legislative requirements and translate these into organisational practices and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct qualitative research activities, particularly those that relate to developing novel technologies.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following fields: climate and environmental issues, crisis and resilience, humanitarian assistance, public health and/or human security.
- Experience with using online platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams, SharePoint) for work and research activities.
- Interest in evaluating technologies from an ethics perspective.
- Familiarity with H2020 and/or Horizon Europe projects or proposals.
- Experience of writing funding applications.
- Experience in qualitative research methods.
- Experience with clinical and health research.
- CIPP/E or other data protection or information security compliance certifications.
Location: This position is open to candidates based in the UK
Contract type: Fixed Term
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full time
EURAXESS offer ID: 678636
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.