ORGANISATION/COMPANYPrincess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciencesPhysicsTechnology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/10/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Utrecht
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK36.0
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoc to study the role of the BMP and WNT pathways in the context of embryonic development, pediatric sarcoma initiation and progression, and/or tissue regeneration. The ideal candidate has advanced knowledge in signaling transduction of developmental signaling pathways and is interested in combining protein/antibody engineering, cell biology, oncology, and organoid technology. The open position is within the Janda group, which has a long-standing interest in studying the structure-function relationship of ligand-receptor interactions of signaling pathways critically involved in embryonic development and regeneration, and the engineering of signaling modulators to interrogate underlying principles of signaling transduction. Furthermore, we interrogate the initiation and progression of pediatric osteosarcoma and develop novel therapeutic strategies for treating children with metastatic osteosarcoma. The postdoc will have the opportunity to expand on ongoing projects with various international collaborators and initiate new, innovative projects.
- We offer a full-time position (based on 36 hours a week) in a very stimulating and interactive research environment. You will also have the opportunity to actively collaborate with various research groups at the Princess Máxima Center.
- The contract will be initially for one year, with the intention to extend.
- Your gross monthly salary will be based on your experience and background and will include 8,33% holiday allowance and 8,33 % end-of-year bonus.
- The Princess Máxima Center operates according to the collective labor agreement ‘CAO ziekenhuizen’.
You can apply for this position by using the Apply button. Please provide the following information:
- an up-to-date resume/CV
- a motivation letter describing your background and interests
- contact information of 2-3 references
For more information, please contact Dr. Claudia Janda (C.Y.Janda@prinsesmaximacentrum.nl).
Web site for additional job details
- PhD with a strong background in cell biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines.
- High level of motivation, curiosity, dedication and responsibility.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity, as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Advanced experience in studying the structure-function relationship of ligand-receptor interactions and signal transduction is required.
- Experience in protein biochemistry and protein engineering is a plus.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary environment is critical.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills are required.
EURAXESS offer ID: 678092
Posting organisation offer ID: 303942
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.