ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Chemical Research of Catalonia ICIQ
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Physical chemistryPhysics › Chemical physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONSpain › Tarragona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher with a PhD in (Bio)Physics or Physical Chemistry to investigate the highly debated concept of quantum coherence-enhanced function in Photosynthesis. This position will be funded by the European Research Council (ERC) via Dr. Elisabet Romero´s ERC Starting Grant.
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programmes to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on http://www.iciq.org/).
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, such as climate change and sustainable supply of energetic and raw materials, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizens’ quality of life in our influence area.
ICIQ is looking for a motivated Postdoctoral researcher to work in the group of Dr. Elisabet Romero. The successful candidate will investigate the role of quantum coherence in energy and electron transfer processes in photosynthetic complexes.
For more information see: http://www.iciq.org/research/research_group/dr-elisabet-romero/section/research_overview/.
- To investigate the role of quantum coherence in light harvesting and charge separation in a series of natural and genetically-modified photosynthetic complexes. The static and dynamic properties of these complexes will be studied by spectroscopic techniques [time-resolved: Two-Dimensional Electronic Spectroscopy (2DES), Transient Absorption, Time-correlated Single Photon Counting (TCSPC); steady-state: Absorption, Fluorescence, Linear and Circular Dichroism, Stark, Raman, FTIR, Fluorescence Line-Narrowing].
- To run and maintain the time-resolved spectroscopic instruments.
- To conduct independent research as well as in collaboration with other members of the group.
- To supervise PhD and/or Master students.
- Dynamic and international working environment
- Training and access to a wide range of scientific facilities (for details see http://www.iciq.org/research/research-support-area/)
- Language courses
- Soft skills training
- Employment conditions:
- Full-time employment contract for one year (with possibility to be extended to 2-3 years)
- Remuneration according to qualifications/expertise
- Annual salary split into twelve monthly payments
- Incorporation from November 2021
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- PhD in (Bio)Physics or Physical Chemistry
- Previous expertise in Photosynthesis research
- Solid and proven knowledge of both steady-state and time-resolved spectroscopic techniques
- Programming skills in Matlab, Phyton, and/or LabView.
- Submit the required documents taking into account the following guidelines:
- CV: specify any relevant experience together with a detailed description of previous accomplishments;
- Cover letter: highlight the interest in the position, the reasons to apply to our group and a short description of previous research (3 pages in total).
- Commitment to excellence in research, strong motivation for science and positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Capacity to supervise Master and PhD students
EURAXESS offer ID: 676695
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.