ORGANISATION/COMPANYLudwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Health
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE25/09/2021 21:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Wien
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Health is seeking a full-time and highly motivated
(Senior) Researcher / Scientific epidemiologist
at the earliest possible date.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have a university degree and a PhD in medicine or natural sciences?
- You have conducted research which is reflected in publications in national and international peer-reviewed journals?
- You want to work on your own projects in the field of epidemiology from the beginning until publication?
- You keep track of several scientific projects and have leadership qualities?
- You are a solution-oriented, persistent researcher with an independent, well-structured and goal-oriented working style?
- You are interested to supervise master students and young scientists and their projects from the initial idea to publication?
YOU WOULD BE PART OF
- The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Health www.lunghealth.lbg.ac.at/de, which is part of the Austrian Ludwig Boltzmann Association, was founded in 2002 to conduct clinical and translational pneumological research at the Pulmonary Competence Centre of the Clinic Penzing in Vienna.
- Since its foundation, the institute has conducted a wide range of research programs in the fields of lung development, chronic lung diseases (and their comorbidity) and pneumological oncology.
- You would enrich our research team which consists of medical experts, young and experienced scientists working in a longitudinal research project – The Austrian LEAD study, www.leadstudy.at.
- The Austrian LEAD Study is a longitudinal, observational, epidemiological cohort study aiming to investigate respiratory health through life. The survey includes a representative sample of the Austrian general population between 6 and 80 years of age and focuses on lung growth and development, genetic, environmental and socioeconomic risk factors for abnormal lung function and extrapulmonary manifestations of abnormal lung function and related comorbidities (cardiovascular disease, metabolic disorders, depression and anxiety).
WE CAN OFFER
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning opportunities.
- Close cooperation of physicians and scientists from different fields and countries which enables high-quality and interdisciplinary research and the possibility of a dynamic exchange of information.
- An inclusive team where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued.
- Monthly gross remuneration of EUR 3.500.- for this full-time position. Depending on qualifications or special professional experience, a higher salary may be agreed upon.
If you see your future in exciting research projects and like to promote your scientific career, then send your complete and detailed applications (Cover letter, CV, copies of certificates, descriptions of expertise, professional activities and outline of possible scientific perspectives, list of publications, and at least three references) to firstname.lastname@example.org (office management).
REQUIRED LANGUAGESGERMAN: GoodENGLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 676434
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.