ORGANISATION/COMPANYOkinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
RESEARCH FIELDArchitecture › DesignBiological sciencesEducational sciencesEngineering › Biomedical engineeringEngineering › Design engineeringEnvironmental scienceGeographyHistory › History of scienceInformation science › Library scienceNeurosciences › NeuropsychologySociology › OtherTechnology › Environmental technology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Okinawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see https://www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding. (OIST campus video tour) There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Division Function/Position summary:
One position of Research Support Specialist, Environmental Science Section, Research Support Division.
The Environmental Science Section (https://groups.oist.jp/ja/ess) of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) maintains the field sampling network for the Community-collaborative Environmental Monitoring Project in Okinawa (OKEON Churamori Project) and conducts research to solve local issues in Okinawa. In addition to above, the section provides the support for field surveys conducted by researchers in the university using our expertise. We are currently looking for a Research Support Specialist to lead our field team, play a central role in supporting OIST terrestrial field survey, and manage the section together with us, under the following conditions.
1. Maintenance and operation of monitoring sites, traps and devices.
2. Quality control of field sample collection, sorting, and specimen preparation processes through to data entry.
3. Curation and management of OKEON Arthropod collection.
4. Safety and work management of field team members and provision of necessary training.
5. Field survey support at the request of internal and external researchers.
6. Preparation and presentation of research results in collaboration with the research team.
7. Other duties related to the projects implemented by this section.
1919‐1 Tancha, Onna‐son, Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
As early as possible
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
8:30-17:00 (Discretionary; however, restrictions may apply depending on attendance management of temporary staff, weather conditions, etc.)
- Relocation, housing, and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).
EURAXESS offer ID: 675184
Posting organisation offer ID: D121080889
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.