RESEARCH FIELDEducational sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Aichi
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Description of the institution (year of establishment, capital amount, number of employees, etc.), details of the business, recruitment background information, project description, etc.]
The Graduate School of International Development (GSID) pursues a mission to promote understanding of the problems we face in the globalizing world and to create a sustainable society by contributing to policy-making and implementation by international organizations, governments, and civil society organizations. In order to find solutions to contemporary problems, technical approaches are often not enough. We need to understand the existing policy frameworks and apply innovative thinking based on social science perspectives. GSID thus attempts to cultivate courageous intellectuals capable of finding such solutions by promoting policy-oriented, interdisciplinary research and teaching in cooperation with a network of academic and research institutions and implementing agencies.
[Job description (work / duties after recruitment, subject responsible for, etc.)]
A successful candidate is expected to carry out:
1)a minimum of two lecture courses in English in areas related to education and human resources development;
2)seminar courses I and II (year-round) in English;
3)a lecture each for the courses entitled “An Introduction to International Development" and “Japan's Development Experience," taught in English;
4)a lecture or seminar course in Japanese for undergraduate students (“International Development Studies," or “International Studies";
5)research supervision for master's theses and doctoral dissertations;
6)the Overseas/Domestic Fieldwork Programs;
7)administrative work for the graduate school;
8)other miscellaneous tasks required by the graduate school.
[Address of work location and other information]
Graduate School of International Development,
Address: Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
[Available positions (job title, number of positions, etc.)]
(1)Job title: Associate Professor,
(2)Number: One vacancy
[Starting date, employment date, etc.]
Expected Starting Date of Duty: April 1, 2022
[Treatment after recruitment (job title, salary, working hours, employment type, employment period / trial period)] * Important
1) Labor regulations and benefits will be determined as per the rules of Tokai National Higher Education and Research System. (In Japanese)
https://education.joureikun.jp/thers_ac/act/print/print110010928.htm (in Japanese )
2) Salary and benefits will be determined as per the rules of Tokai National Higher Education and Research System
https://education.joureikun.jp/thers_ac/act/print/print110001585.htm ( in Japanese )
Base annual salary is determined based on professional experience, job responsibilities and other relevant factors.
3) Working hours: The work discretionary labor system for Professional work applies: The working hours are basically the same as that which applies to general employees for 7hour and 45minutes per day, with an 8:30 AM work start time and a 5:15 PM work finish time. However, the method of performing the work and the distribution of hours shall be left up to the discretion of the employee, and the employer shall not give specific directions.
[holidays, various insurances (social insurance, labor insurance), etc.]
1)Leaves: Paid annual leave, sick leave, and special leave and the official summer holiday for 2days in the middle of August.
2) Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese National holidays, and year-end holidays (from December 29 to January 3 in every year)
We may order work on holidays due to classes, entrance exams, etc.
3)①Enrollment in health insurance and public pension: Enrolled in National Public Officers Mutual Aid Association
②Application of workers' compensation insurance: Yes
③Application of employment insurance: Yes
[The measures against second-hand smoking in your workplace.] * Important
Smoking is prohibited except for the designated areas.
1) Nagoya University will proactively recruit women if the evaluation of candidates in the areas of research, teaching, social contribution, personal integrity, etc. is deemed equal with another candidate. Nagoya University will proactively recruit women if the evaluation of candidates in the areas of research, teaching, social contribution, personal integrity, etc. is deemed equal between men and women. If gender is not indicated on the submitted CV, we will ensure no disadvantages will occur in the evaluation process.
2) The submitted documents will be used for the purpose of this selection only and will not be returned.
3) Transportation costs for an interview, if incurred, should be borne by the applicant.
EURAXESS offer ID: 675165
Posting organisation offer ID: D121080563
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.