RESEARCH FIELDArchitectureChemistryComputer scienceEngineeringPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › Quantum mechanicsTechnology › Chemical technologyTechnology › Construction technologyTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/11/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Fukuoka
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Position: Faculty Member: Associate Professor (female)
Faculty section: Faculty of Engineering Sciences (FES), Kyushu University.
The successful candidate will belong to one of the below three departments of FES appropriate for her expertise.
(1) Department of Advanced Materials Science and Engineering
(2) Department of Advanced Energy Science and Engineering
(3) Department of Advanced Environmental Science and Engineering
Note that all professors who belong to FES commit themselves to educational duties at Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Engineering Sciences (IGSES) and School of Engineering (SE).
IGSES is promoting cutting-edge research in the fields, namely materials, energy, and the environment. In this open call for participants, we seek an excellent researcher who is active in these academic fields and/or relevant interdisciplinary fields.
IGSES targets scholars that have prominent research achievements in their field of expertise, a strong desire to explore new research frontiers, and a willingness to actively collaborate with researchers within the department, the university, and international level.
The successful candidate will be required to lecture at IGSES for graduate students and SE and KIKAN education for undergraduate students. The candidate will also be required to supervise both Japanese and non-Japanese students in the bachelor, masters and doctoral courses.
Date of appointment: The earliest possible date after the hiring decision.
Address of work location:
6-1 Kasuga-kouen, Kasuga, Fukuoka, Japan
The annual salary system, which is introduced on 1st April 2020, will be applied. The annual salary is determined under the university's pay scale based on experience, etc.
(1) Information about FES (in Japanese): https://www.tj.kyushu-u.ac.jp/fes/
(2) Information about IGSES: http://www.tj.kyushu-u.ac.jp/en/index.php
(3) Information about SE: https://www.eng.kyushu-u.ac.jp/e/
(4) Information about KIKAN education: https://www.artsci.kyushu-u.ac.jp/english/
(5) The newly employed faculty members will be in charge of lectures in English for at least five years.
(6) The same spouse employment system has been implemented at Kyushu University since July 2017.
(7) In line with the Basic Act for a Gender-Equal Society (Act No. 78 of 1999), Kyushu University is an equal opportunity employer (http://danjyo.kyushu-u.ac.jp).
(8) Kyushu University is an equal opportunity employer and follows the principle of the Act on Employment Promotion etc. of Persons with Disabilities (Act No. 123 of 1960, revised in 2013) and Act on the Elimination of Discrimination against Persons with Disabilities (Act No. 65 of 2013).
(9) The annual salary system, which is introduced on 1st April 2020, will be applied. The annual salary is determined under the university's pay scale based on experience, etc.
(10) In accordance with the provisions of Article 8 of the Equal Employment Opportunity Law, this recruitment is limited to female researchers in order to increase the ratio of female researchers in Kyushu University.
EURAXESS offer ID: 675134
Posting organisation offer ID: D121080957
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.