RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Hokkaido
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
1.Title of the position: Professor(tenured)
Laboratory of Molecular Enzymology, Research Group of Applied Bioscience, Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University (see Appendix 1).
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
Lectures, seminars, experimental works, practical training, and exercise courses related to the Laboratory of Molecular Enzymology (see Appendix 2, 3).
[Address of work location and other information]
Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Kita-9, Nishi-9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, 060-8589, Japan
[Number of positions]
April 1st, 2022
[Details of salary, working hours, holiday, period of employment and insurance, accommodation, etc.]
(1) Probation Period: 3 months.
National University Corporation Hokkaido University Employee Salary Regulations
(3) Working hours, etc.:
Monday to Friday･Discretionary work system
*The working hours for a day is deemed as 7 hours and 45 minutes.
(4) Health insurance, etc.
･Employee pension insurance
･Mutual Association of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
･Workers' accident compensation insurance
1. The Laboratory of Molecular Enzymology is a member of the Research Group of Applied Bioscience, which is comprised of six laboratories. The Laboratory of Molecular Enzymology covers education and research of carbohydrate-active enzymes (particularly, glycosylases to hydrolyze and/or synthesize α-glucans and α-glucooligosaccharides) to clarify their molecular-level function and to utilize carbohydrates generated enzymatically. Using advanced approaches based on protein engineering, biochemistry and carbohydrate chemistry mainly, the laboratory implements clarification of function and its structure relationship, molecular elucidation of reaction mechanism and production of valuable carbohydrates, thereby achieving education and research to contribute to those fields internationally.
2. The successful applicant will partly or fully give the lectures listed below, for which the Laboratory of Molecular Enzymology is responsible.
(1) Subjects in the Graduate School of Agriculture: Study on Agricultural Science Ⅰ·Ⅱ, Seminar on Agricultural Science Ⅰ·Ⅱ, Applied Agriculture Science, Advanced Biotechnology, Advanced Seminar on Biotechnology, Advanced Lecture on Applied Molecular Biology, Advanced Seminar on Applied Molecular Biology, and others.
(2) Subjects in the School of Agriculture: Molecular Enzymology, Protein Engineering, Fundamental Molecular Biology, Instrumental Analytical Chemistry, Introduction to Applied Biosciences, Seminar in Applied Bioscience Ⅰ·Ⅱ·Ⅲ·Ⅳ, Laboratory Work on Applied Bioscience, Graduation Thesis, and others.
(3) Subjects in the general education, and others.
3. The laboratory staffs participate in “The Global Education Program for AgriScience Frontiers". This program provides all graduate education to the course students, mostly international students, in English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 675125
Posting organisation offer ID: D121081017
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.