ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Warszawa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2022
The Dean of Faculty of History the University of Warsaw invites applications for the position of two postdoctoral researchers under the “Excellence Initiative – Research University” Programme.
The selected candidates will run their projects at the Centre for Research on Ancient Civilizations (CRAC) which brings together historians, classicists, archaeologists, orientalists, Roman jurists, philosophers and the representants of other disciplines who conduct the research on ancient studies at the University of Warsaw.
● fulfilment of the conditions set out in the Act of 20 July 2018. – Law on Higher Education and Science (Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym i nauce – Dz. U. z 2021 r. poz. 478 z późn. zm.) and the UW Statute (Resolution No. 443 of the UW Senate of 26 June 2019, Monitor item 190);
● a doctoral degree in any field of ancient studies such as history, classics, oriental studies, archaeology, Roman law, religious studies, philosophy or similar,
● documented experience in research within the field of ancient studies,
● proven active participation in international academic life,
● well-argued excellent research project dealing with any period of Antiquity,
● excellent knowledge of English (corresponding min. to level C1),
● excellent communication skills, including the ability to present research results and write for publication,
● ability and willingness to work as part of a scholarly community, share insights and findings, and engage in
● ability to complete projects and work to a deadline.
● specific plans of collaboration (e.g.to apply for further research grants affiliated with at the University of Warsaw),
● specific publications plans,
● research experience outside of Poland.
The selected candidates will:
1. conduct autonomous research on the project submitted in the application, with great potential and impact on international scholarship in any field of ancient studies,
2. take active part in academic life at the University of Warsaw, and CRAC in particular, i.a. attending seminars, delivering papers, lectures, sharing their knowledge andskills with other members of the academic community at UW,
3. disseminate results of their research through conference presentations and particularly publications affiliated with the UW and published in leading international journals and publishing houses,
4. actively contribute to strengthening the international position of the UW,
5. collaborate with university administration in all matters related to the project,
6. teach (OPTIONAL).
EURAXESS offer ID: 674991
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.