ORGANISATION/COMPANYPhysikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)
RESEARCH FIELDMathematics › Mathematical analysisPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › ElectromagnetismPhysics › Surface physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/08/2021 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Braunschweig
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
Join the European Research Council frontier research project "PowFEct"! We will bring about a step-change to the safety of powder processing. The "Analysis & Simulation in Explosion Protection Group" is hiring a PhD student in
This position is available on the basis of a 3-year fixed-term contract. You will be employed at our Braunschweig site. The remuneration will be paid in accordance with remuneration group 13 TVöD Bund (85 %).
- Working on the ERC project "PowFEct" (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/947606)
- Setting up a new particle test rig
- Measurement of the electrostatic charging of particles upon impact on a surface
- Developing numerical models, for example through AI methods
- The publication and presentation of the results in international scientific journals and at international conferences
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- You have completed your university studies (German Diplom or Master's degree), or are close to to completion, in physics, chemistry, or an engineering discipline with good grades.
- You have a good knowledge in electrostatics, experimental methods, material science, and mathematical analysis.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You have a good command of spoken and written English.
- You are able to work autonomously and responsibly.
- You offer a high level of commitment.
- You are willing to travel within Germany and abroad within the scope of your assignment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 673258
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.