RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineeringPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/11/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Leuven
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
As an ultrasound design and characterization engineer, you will collaborate closely with the process technology, and other electronic teams. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application.
Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department, our team’s research activities focus on the development of novel applications using MEMS transducers, sensors and actuators. As an ultrasound design and characterization engineer, you will collaborate closely with the process technology, and other electronic teams. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application. Materials selection, technology parameter definition, modeling of novel physical phenomena as well as technological variability will be key for this successful transition.
What you will do
- You will design and characterize transducers and ultrasound systems, electrically, mechanically and acoustically.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design and characterization activities.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group.
- You will contribute to internal conferences/workshops, generate patents and publish in international journals.
- You will mentor Master internship students and PhD students.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Who you are
- You obtained a PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project leading is an asset.
- Proven experience in ultrasound system: MEMS and acoustic design and characterization, as well as ultrasound imaging.
- Good knowledge and interest in multiphysic modeling, design techniques and design environment.
- Proficient in use of design software (such as Comsol, MEMS+ or Ansys) and on ultrasound simulation software (Kwave, FieldII)
- Good experience in MEMS characterization (such as impedance, LDV, pressure measurements) as well as in imaging with ultrasound system (such as Verasonic).
- Experience in Photo-acoustic is an asset.
- Ability to quickly write code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
EURAXESS offer ID: 672203
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.