RESEARCH FIELDAnthropology › Cultural anthropologyEducational sciencesLanguage sciences › Linguistics
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Shizuoka
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
Call for Applications: Tenured Position at College of Informatics, Department of Socio-Information Studies, Shizuoka University
English Education, Communication Studies, Linguistics, Cultural Anthropology, or other Humanities-related Fields
(1) General Education: English for other faculties' students; Freshman Guidance Seminar; Liberal Arts; Interdisciplinary Subjects
(2) Undergraduate Level Specialized Courses: Communication Skills; Specialized English Subjects; Intercultural Communication; Globalization and Culture; and others
(3) Graduate Level Specialized Courses: Practical English; and others
Address of work location
Shizuoka University Hamamatsu Campus
3-5-1 Johoku, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu-shi, Shizuoka
Type of Position/Number
One Assistant Professor or Lecturer
Date of Employment
On or as soon as possible after 1 April 2022
Annual salary and allowances, including those for dependents,
management, housing, commutation, special work, overtime work and
midnight work will be provided based on the salary regulations of
* Please see the following webpage for the salary regulations of
(1) As a general rule, face-to-face interviews will be conducted primarily in Japanese for a select number of applicants who are judged to be qualified after review of documents. (note, candidates will not be reimbursed for travel expenses; also, depending on the COVID-19 situation at the time or other special circumstances, there is a possibility that interviews will be conducted online). On this occasion, each candidate will be asked to give a presentation in Japanese explaining their research
work and also to present a model Communication Skills lesson/lecture in English (Q+A following presentation will also involve questions in English and Japanese) based on our current syllabus for Communication Skills I, which is available for
(2) As part of our university's policy for promoting gender equality in employment opportunity and workplace participation, in the event that a male and a female candidate are found to be otherwise equally qualified for the position, priority will be given to hiring the female candidate.
(3) As part of our university's internationalization policy of promoting greater workplace participation by people from non-Japanese backgrounds, priority will be given to hiring a non-Japanese candidate and/or a candidate with degrees from non-Japanese universities.
(1) For more information on the organizational structure, educational activities, and research activities of the Faculty of Informatics and the Graduate School of Integrated Science and Technology, Department of Informatics, please visit
our website at: http://www.inf.shizuoka.ac.jp
(2) If the candidate has experienced a period of interruption in their research activities due to childbirth and/or childcare leave, please indicate as much in application materials, and this will be taken into consideration when assessing the candidate's research achievements.
EURAXESS offer ID: 671943
Posting organisation offer ID: D121072474
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.