RESEARCH FIELDAstronomy › CosmologyEngineeringEnvironmental science › Earth scienceEnvironmental science › Natural resources managementGeosciences
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2021 23:59 - Asia/Tokyo
LOCATIONJapan › Akita
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKSee description
[Description of recruitment]
We are inviting applications for an Associate Professor or Assistant Professor position. We are recruiting a researcher who has all of the qualities necessary in the area of geothermal engineering and other subsurface engineering including application of petroleum engineering related to renewable energies, climate change, carbon-dioxide capture and storage (CCS) and low-carbon/carbon-cycle technologies. After hiring, the appointee will participate in various activities in the faculty and graduate school of International Resource Science, and International Center for Research and Education on Mineral and Energy Resources of Akita University.
(1) Research and development on geothermal engineering and other subsurface engineering including application of petroleum engineering related to renewable energy, climate change, CCS and low-carbon/carbon-cycle technologies.
(2) The appointee will take part in educational and research activities at the graduate and undergraduate levels. The appointee may also participate in activities of various committee, administrative and international works in the faculty and graduate school of International Resource Sciences, as well as the International Center for Research and Education on Mineral and Energy Resources (ICREMER) of Akita University.
[Lectures to be taught]
(1) Undergraduate: Renewable Energy Engineering, Laboratory work for Earth Resource Engineering and Environmental Science, Practices in Resource Development, Resource Science Field Work Abroad (including coordination and field leader for students)
(2) Graduated School (associate professor position): Lecture on geothermal engineering or other low-carbon technologies
* All classes have to be taught in English. Above classes are tentative plan, details of course work and class's name will be decided upon appointment.
[Address of work location]
Department of Earth Resource Engineering and Environmental Science, Graduate School of International Resource Sciences, Akita University
1-1 Tegata-gakuenmachi, Akita 010-8502 Japan
One (1) position at Associate Professor or Assistant Professor
Full-time (non-tenured: 5 years)
April 1, 2022 or earliest possible date thereafter
[Treatment after recruitment]
(1) Salary and other all treatments (compensation)
According to the Employment Regulations of Akita University and other official regulations.
* The discretionary labor system is applied. De facto working hours: 7 hours and 45 minutes per day
* Full-time (Nontenured). 5-year term, reappointment for next 5 years is possible depending on the result of reviewing.
(2) Insurance and holiday
Insurance: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Mutual Aid Association, Employment Insurance and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance.
Holiday: Saturday and Sunday, National holiday, Annual leave, Summer and New Years' holidays
[Akita University organization information URL]
[The measures against second-hand smoking in your workplace]
Akita University is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy environment for staff, students and visitors to our campuses. Smoking on campus is strictly prohibited.
According to the action plan of Akita University (https://www.akita-u.ac.jp/honbu/danjyo/, however, it is in Japanese), applications of female researchers to this program will be appreciated. Applications of female researchers are especially encouraged.
EURAXESS offer ID: 671936
Posting organisation offer ID: D121072516
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.