ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
- Open call for the award of a postdoc scholarship (Bolsa de Pós-Doutoramento) funded by Portuguese national funds through Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, under Project ARQEVO: Archeology and Evolution of Early Humans in the Western Façade of Iberia (PTDC/HAR-ARQ/30413/2017).
- The scholarship will have a duration of 12 months and may be extended up to the end of the project.
- The scholarship will be supervised by Professor João Zilhão.
- Applicants are sought who specialize in zooarchaeology. The successful applicant will be tasked with completing the inventory, analysis, and publication of the Middle Palaeolithic faunal remains from previously excavated sites in the Almonda karst system, focusing on those from Gruta da Oliveira.
- Applications are to be submitted via email message addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by motivation letter, CV, and proof of degree.
For application purposes, diplomas, certificates, and transcripts need not be submitted. In lieu, a statement of compliance is required (see below Website for additional job details). Official transcripts must be submitted prior to the signing of the contract.
Fellowships applicants must show that they meet the necessary conditions to enrol in the program leading to the attainment of the requested academic degree. Proof of acceptance will be required prior to the signing of the contract.
Stipend in accordance with the Portuguese Science Foundation salary scale, 1646,00 € per month (net) (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019.pdf), paid by bank transfer.
Insurance costs (Seguro Social Voluntário and Seguro de Acidentes Pessoais) are supported by the employer.
Acceptance of the fellowship is exclusive of any other professional or research activity (Art. 5 of the Research Fellowship Holder Statute).
The following applicants are eligible:
a) Portuguese citizens or citizens of other Member States of the European Union;
b) Citizens of other countries ;
c) Stateless persons;
d) Political refugees.
Selection of the candidates will be based on Curriculum Assessment (CA), expressed on a scale from 0 to 20 values (weight: 100%)
Chair: João Zilhão
Panel: Cristina Gameiro, Marianne Deschamps, Thierry Aubry
Preliminary decisions will be posted at the FLUL website. The selected candidate will be notified by e-mail.
Applicants may submit queries or complaints about the decisions within a ten-weekday period.
Final decisions must be announced within 90 weekdays of the application deadline and up to 60 weekdays after the end of the query and complaint deadline.
In case of non-acceptance by the selected candidates, the grant may be offered to any of the other ranked applicants within 18 months of the final announcement
This grant is regulated by:
Portuguese Research Fellow Charter/Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica (Lei Nº. 40/2004, Decreto-Lei n.º 123/2019, Decreto-Lei n.º 89/2013, Decreto-Lei n.º 233/2012, and Lei n.º 12/2013); Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia Fellowship Bylaws / Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, IP (2019) and Universidade de Lisboa Fellowship Bylaws /Regulamento de Bolsas da Universidade de Lisboa (Despacho nº 6238/2020).
Web site for additional job details
Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Archaeology or related fields.
Experience in the analysis of faunal assemblages from the Palaeolithic of Iberia
Upon completion of the grant period, the scholarship holder has up to 60 weekdays to submit to email@example.com (a) a final report on the activities and results (in electronic format); and (b) the supervisor(s)'s evaluation of the final report.
The final report will be evaluated by the supervisor(s) according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the work developed: 80%
- Results achieved (publications; conference presentations): 10%
- Integration and adaptation skills: 10%
Each criterion will be graded 0-20. The final evaluation will be 0-20.
Candidates must comply with the requirements set out in points 3. and 4. of article 7 of the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia Fellowship Bylaws and must therefore have obtained the doctorate degree in the three years prior to the date of submission of the application for the grant; must not have carried out their doctoral research at UNIARQ and, at the starting date of the grant's contract, they may not have benefited from post-doctoral research grants for a period over 2 years.
EURAXESS offer ID: 671498
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.