ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Aveiro
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE13/08/2021 19:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Aveiro
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
OPEN CALL FOR A MASTER RESEARCH FELLOW
A position is opened for a Master Research Grant under the project “SENSECOR – Immunosensory integrated system for a fast and efficient detection of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2” / at Centre for Environmental and Marine Studies (CESAM), nº 049256, funded by the programme “Programa Operacional Competitividade e Internacionalização”, supported by FEDER, addressing the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Biotechnology
2. Admission Requirements:
a) Master in Biotechnology (molecular), Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or related areas;
b) Experience and autonomy in immunochemistry techniques: characterization of antibody-antigen interaction, immunoassays (e.g., ELISA)
c) The candidate must be autonomous, committed, proactive and critical for conducting research activities;
d) Registration in a course with or without degree conferencing.
The Candidate will have to comply with requirement d) on the date of execution of the contract, otherwise the contract cannot be signed.
If the qualification has been granted by a foreign higher education institution, it will have to be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of 16 August, which approves the legal regime for the recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, awarded by foreign higher education institutions, and of item e) of paragraph 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3, and any formalities established there must be completed by the date of the contracting act.
3. Elegibility: Candidates who comply with the provisions of paragraph a) of no. 1 of article 2 of the Research Fellow's Statute are eligible, as amended by Decree-Law no. 123 / 2019, of August 28, and also the regime established in article 9 of the Regulation of Scientific Research Grants of the University of Aveiro.
4. Work plan: analysis of antibody/antigen interaction through different techniques and immunoassays. Support other scientific or technical work within the project, as well as contribute to the daily management and maintenance of the laboratory.
5. Applicable legislation and regulations: Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow, in the wording given by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of 28 August; Regulation of Scientific Research Scholarships at the University of Aveiro, Regulation No. 292/2020, published in Diário da República No. 61, 2nd Series, of 26 March; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of 16 August (Legal regime for the recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
6. Workplace: The work will be developed at CESAM and at the Biology Department of the University of Aveiro, under the scientific guidance of Doctor Catarina R. Marques, Assistant Researcher.
7. Grant period: The scholarship will have a duration of 3 months, starting on the 1st of October 2021, and may be renewable for an equal period of time or variable, up to the limit of the project execution.
8. Monthly maintenance allowance amount: The amount of the scholarship corresponds to € 1,104.64, according to the table of monthly maintenance subsidies, set out in Annex III of the Regulation for Scientific Research Grants of the University of Aveiro.
9. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used are mentioned below, with the respective valuation presented for each one of them:
- Evaluation of the Curriculum vitae (70%);
- Interview (30%)
The Curriculum evaluation component will consider the candidate's research experience and its suitability for the activities and techniques to be performed. The jury reserves the right to invite the three candidates with the highest score in the Curriculum evaluation component to conduct an interview that can be done in person or remotely, via skype or other appropriate means. The Curriculum evaluation score will be valued at “100%”, if the jury considers that the candidate placed in the first position meets the requirements.
10. Composition of the Jury: The Jury is composed by Catarina R. Marques (President of the Jury, Principal Investigator of SENSECOR, Assistant Researcher), Amadeu Soares (1st effective member, Full Professor), Artur Alves (2nd effective member, Assistant Professor with Aggregation), Filipe Silva (1st alternate member, Assistant Professor), Petia Georgieva (2nd alternate member, Assistant Professor).
11. Application deadline and form of submission: The call is open from the 2nd to the 13th of August 2021, and applications are only allowed within the established deadline. Applications must be formalized by sending a letter of application accompanied by the following documents: (i) Curriculum Vitae, (ii) letter of motivation, (iii) at least one reference letter, (iv) certificate of qualifications and other supporting documents deemed relevant. You should also indicate the e-mail address to which, by that indication, you agree to be notified for all purposes under this procedure.
Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject “Application BI5-MSc_SENSECOR”.
12. Form of publicity / notification of the results: The results of the evaluation are disclosed within a maximum period of 60 working days from the end of the submission of applications, by notifying the candidates. Candidates are informed, in the context of a prior hearing, under the terms enshrined in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the draft decision, and may, within 10 working days from this notification, comment on this decision.
Universidade de Aveiro, 30th of July 2021
Catarina Ribeiro Marques
EURAXESS offer ID: 670277
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.