ORGANISATION/COMPANYResearch Group on Energy, Economy and System Dynamics
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/09/2021 10:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Valladolid
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
University of Valladolid (Spain) and The Group of Energy, Economy and Systems Dynamics (GEEDS) is opening a job offer for a Post-doctoral Researcher. This is a full-time position in Valladolid (Spain), requiring 37,5 hours per week and shall be signed for the period of 12 months.
Description of the offer and activities of the work plan:
Integration in the GEEDS team that works on the European projects H2020 LOCOMOTION (2019-2023) and Rethink Action (2021-2025). GEEDS is coordinator of LOCOMOTION, in which a new IAM is being developed, integrating teams of modelers from various disciplines (economy, demography, social, land use, climate, water, materials, energy, etc.):
1. Leadership of research work subgroups and contribution to the model of the different submodules.
2. Contribution to the scientific and technical coordination of the model and obtaining results with the 14 partners of the project.
3. Responsibilities in deliverables of the mentioned projects.
4. Scientific dissemination and publications in the areas described.
Range between € 1,780 and € 2,170 gross per month (14 monthly payments) or between € 24,960 and € 30,380 per year gross.
Higher salary proposals may be considered based on the qualities of the candidate.
Necessary documentation to present:
• Photocopy of all accrediting titles. The originals may be requested from the candidates at any time during the selection process. Failure to contribute may lead to the exclusion of the candidate from the process.
• Photocopy of the National Identity Document or equivalent proof of identity document (passport, ID card...)
• Motivation letter (<1 page)
• Letters of recommendation (optional)
• Availability to reside in Valladolid (Spain) and to travel in the context of the European projects in which the GEEDS research group participates.
• Ability to work in a group.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Bachelor Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Level of education required
• Engineering, economics or environment studies.
• Doctorate related to any of these topics: IAMs, Climate change and energy transition, modeling and simulation of energy-economy-environment systems.
• Knowledge in modeling and programming, preferably with System Dynamics and Vensim software, but also Python, gitlab and; as well as uncertainty analysis.
• Knowledge of policies for adaptation and mitigation of climate change and energy transition, modeling of macro-energy systems, techno-economic evaluation of new low-carbon energy technologies and their role in a decarbonized energy sector. IPCC international climate change scenarios (SSPs, RCPs and SPAs).
• Experience in international projects in the field of modeling and simulation, climate change or energy transition.
• Relevant publications in the fields described above.
• In a complementary way, knowledge in LCA methods for the evaluation of energy technologies and systems, agent-based modeling, as well as GIS will also be valued.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Research Group on Energy, Economy and System Dynamics
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 670139
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.