ORGANISATION/COMPANYParis Lodron-University of Salzburg
RESEARCH FIELDCommunication sciencesInformation scienceJuridical sciencesManagement sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/09/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Salzburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2022
GZ B 0008/1-2021
Paris Lodron University Salzburg
PLUS. Competence for tomorrow.
The Paris Lodron University Salzburg (PLUS) is an up-and-coming Austrian University with outstanding achievements in research and teaching in the fields of (digital) humanities, life sciences, the sustainability of social processes, and the interlinkage between arts and sciences. With the four guiding themes “Art in Context”, “Development & Sustainability”, “Digital Life”, and “Health & Mind”, the PLUS offers researchers excellent inter- and transdisciplinary collaboration opportunities.
At the Paris-Lodron-University Salzburg, the position of a
University Professor in the field of „Business with a focus on Marketing“
with permanent (full-time) contractual employment is to be filled as of October 1, 2022.
The position will become available at the Department of Business, Economics, and Social Theory (from January 1, 2022: Department of Business) in the Faculty of Law (from January 1, 2022: Faculty of Law, Business and Economics). Applicants are expected to represent the entire breadth and depth of the subject, both in research and teaching. They should show a high level of conceptual competency in marketing research. The research profile should complement the department’s and the faculty’s main research areas. Since interdisciplinary research is of great importance, experiences gained in previous interdisciplinary research projects and the willingness for an active engagement at the PLUS are desirable.
The professorship should represent the subject of marketing in the bachelor's programs ”Law and Business“ and ”Language – Business Administration – Culture“ as well as in the master’s program ”Business and Economics“ with the major in ”Management und Digitale Transformation“. The professorship should actively contribute to the training of future scientists and academic qualifications for a scientific career (doctoral program in business). Applicants are expected to have relevant teaching experience for the marketing curricula.
General requirements include:
- academic education and a Ph.D./doctorate appropriate for the advertised position;
- qualification to teach at the university level (venia docendi) or equivalent;
- an outstanding research record (documented in internationally leading refereed academic journals);
- pedagogical and didactical skills suitable for university education;
- managerial skills necessary to head a university institution;
- Evidence of engagement in the international scientific community (e.g., active in peer-review processes, conference participations, pertinent experience abroad, etc.);
- advanced fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Advanced proficiency in German, commensurate with the managerial and administrative responsibilities or the willingness to achieve this within two years
Additionally, it is expected that is the candidate shows:
- willingness to participate in and expand the research and teaching partnerships of the Paris LodronUniversity;
- willingness to participate in university boards and self-government bodies of the university;
- experience in modern scientific management and previous successes in the acquisition of third-party funding;
- team spirit, interdisciplinarity, and social skills;
- willingness and qualification to take over managerial responsibilities;
- skills and willingness to teach and examine in English
The Paris Lodron University Salzburg appoints professors full-time on a tenured contract according to the regulations of the Austrian Universities Act, the Law on Employees (Angestelltengesetz), and the collective contractual agreement (Kollektivvertrag) for university employees (group A1 / https://www.uni-salzburg.at/index.php?id=31062). The legal minimum of salary negotiations is € 5,321.70 before taxes (in 14 monthly payments). A higher salary may be subject of contract negotiations.
The Paris Lodron University Salzburg seeks to increase the proportion of women on its staff and therefore especially welcomes applications from suitably qualified female candidates. In cases where successful candidates possess equal qualifications, priority will be given to women.
Persons with disabilities or chronic illnesses who meet the required qualification criteria are expressly invited to apply.
Unfortunately, any travel and accommodation expenses incurred during the admission procedure cannot be reimbursed.
Interested applicants are invited to submit within their application the following documents:
- A statement where the candidates demonstrate their fit and contribution to the specific profile of research and teaching at Paris Lodron University Salzburg;
- three most relevant publications for the advertised professorship in pdf;
- a presentation of the teaching and research objectives, in particular, key components of the future profile of the professorship at the Salzburg location
- further documents such as curriculum vitae, list of publications (highlighting the refereed journal articles), list of conference contributions, details of courses held and supervised academic theses, teaching evaluations, and information related to other relevant activities, including a record of raising external funding.
Applications are to be addressed to the president of the Paris Lodron University Salzburg, Rector Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Hendrik Lehnert. They have to be submitted by September 22, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reference number of the vacancy GZ B 0008/1-2021.
EURAXESS offer ID: 669096
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.