ORGANISATION/COMPANYISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONItaly › GENOVA
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERgrant agreement No. 863212
Commitment & contract: Fellow – Duration 24 months
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centres around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You will be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where engineers (mechanical, electrical, biomedical etc.), material and computer science experts, collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research with outstanding facilities.
The Soft Biorobotics Perception Research line is coordinated by Dr. Lucia Beccai, who has extensive experience in bioinspired smart tactile sensing systems, bionics, biorobotics and soft robotics. The research concerns creating new embodied sensing processes in soft robots, with a focus on touch, enabling them to ‘see the world’ and intelligently interact with it, based on the investigation of natural-like physical interactions (like those of an elephant trunk gripping food or other items). For this post, the specific SBRP research areas are the development of soft tactile sensors, large area skins, and sensorized grippers.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and development of hardware and firmware systems for tactile sensing arrays
- Testing of the developed systems
This open position/research is financed by the European Union's Horizon 2020 framework programme for research and innovation within the PROBOSCIS (FET OPEN - grant agreement No. 863212, www.proboscis.eu) project.
- MSc in electrical or electronic engineering and experience in working in a research & development environment
- Strong skills in:
- Electrical CADs (e.g. Altium, etc.) and simulation tools (e.g. Spice) for PCB layouts and design
- PCB assembly and testing processes
- Microcontroller programming and in communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART
- Use of electronic instruments such as oscilloscopes, multimeter, data logger, analyzers
- Software/programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Labview, Matlab, etc.) for sensor testing and data analysis
- The ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Experience on the design of electronic hardware architectures having multiple physical levels (3D)
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Wide range of staff discounts
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
- An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
- We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
- If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation.
- If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
- If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
- We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in. They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission.
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form and including a detailed CV, university transcripts, cover letter (outlining motivation and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
Application’s deadline: September 30, 2021
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 - email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
EURAXESS offer ID: 668857
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.