ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineeringPhysics › Optics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/08/2021 11:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2021
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERRecruitment No 31/2021
We encourage applicants for Specialist (Engineer) position in the Physical Optics and Biophotonics Group (POB) at Institute of Physical Chemistry PAS, Warsaw, Poland. The position is a part of the IMaging-based CUSTOMised EYE diagnostics project No. H2020-ICT-2017-1 No:779960 funded by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 programme. ICMUSTOMEYE project will contribute to more effective, customised treatment of eye diseases and to reinforce industrial leadership in the area of diagnostic imaging in ophthalmology.
We are looking for a person with at least 2 years of experience in optical laboratory lab environment (e.g. proper handling of bulk and fiber optical components), especially in creating and designing complex optical imaging setups. Successful candidate will also produce and maintain prototype software for control of peripheral equipment, data acquisition and data processing.
- Construction, rearranging and examination of optical setups;
- Commercialization and miniaturization of medical devices based on optics;
- Measurement data analysis
- Maintenance of software developed for measuring stands and prototype instruments
- Writing reports and publications based on experimental work
- Working in tandem with other staff members such as Project Manager, Engineers, Optical systems Developers, Software Developers from project partners as well as independently
- a full contract 01/09/2021 – 31/12/2021 (supported by IMCUSTOMEYE – H2020 grant) with possible extension in case of an extension of the project implementation period and depending on funds);
- competitive salary (up to 9 000 PLN/month gross, depending on experience);
- opportunity to work in interdisciplinary research department with strong support from chemistry and physics groups within the Institute;
- collaboration with industrial and research partners.
Career development benefits:
- The successful candidate will be part of a highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team operating within European consortium. He/She will have the possibility to broaden his/her knowledge and confront themselves with new tasks resulting in new technical solutions and applications. See also: http://pob-lab.com; www.create.edu.pl
- Institute provides opportunity to participate in ERASMUS + programme.
MSc in physics/engineering, specialized in optics
- Complete application should include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter;
- Scan or photocopy of the candidate's MSc diploma;
- Description of achievements with an emphasis on projects, tasks dealt with, publications (if applicable) etc. related to the required substantial qualifications;
- Application deadline is on 15th August 2021, 11:00
- The incomplete applications will be not considered
- Successful candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview. The interview will be carried out between 17th -20th August 2021 in IPC PAS or online.
- One candidate will be chosen.
- The results of the recruitment will be announced not later than 28th August 2021.
- If the top candidate does not sign the contract, due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the next candidate from the ranking list.
- Expected start date of working in-situ is 1st September 2021.
Apply via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, IMPORTANT: email title “Rekrutacja nr 31/2021” The IMCUSTOMEYE project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 779960.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
A candidate should be well-versed in:
- operating on laboratory devices: lasers, oscilloscopes, function generators, acquisition cards etc.;
- construing, rearranging and examining of complex optical setups with regard to specifically defined goals;
- measurement data analysis and finding physical meaning of results.
- MSc in physics/engineering, specialized in optics
- experience in constructing, rearranging and examining of complex optical setups, especially in imaging optics
- experience in customization and commercialization of optical setups
- laboratory experience in programming (LabView, Python and/or Matlab)
- experience in medical application of devices based on optical solutions
- ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of personnel at multiple levels of expertise;
- fluency in English.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 668849
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.