ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Cologne
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Köln
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK39,83
Faculty of Law
Postdoc Position (f/m/d)
Academy for European Human Rights Protection
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The position is available at the Academy for European Human Rights Protection on the transdisciplinary project “The Challenge of Populist Memory Politics for Europe: Towards Effective Responses to Militant Legislation on the Past (MEMOCRACY)” funded by VW-Foundation. The research project is headed by Prof. Dr. Dres. Angelika Nußberger M.A. in cooperation with Dr. Aleksandra Gliszcynska-Grabias (Polish Academy of Sciences, Warschau), Dr. Maria Mälksoo (University of Copenhagen) and Dr. Uladzislau Belavusau (University of Amsterdam).
- Comparative Research in the field of memory laws and politics in Germany and of democratic standards in the European Union
- Publication of results at conferences and in journals
- Co-organization and implementation of thematic workshops
- Co-organization of the website showcasing comprehensive policy briefs about memory laws, judgements and policies in the reviewed countries
- PhD degree (at least magna cum laude)
- First or second state examination with at least the grade of „vollbefriedigend“ (fully satisfactory) in the state part or an excellent foreign law degree comparable to the first state examination
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Experience in project work and event management; experience in interdisciplinary research is of advantage
- Organizational talent, ability to work in a team, resilience of scientific work
WE OFFER YOU
- Scientific qualification on the basis of an international interdisciplinary research project
- Profiling in the field of comparative law, international law and constitutional law
- Interaction with scientists internationally
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from the 01.10.2021 on a full-time basis (39,83 hours per week). It is limited to a term of two years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications. The reference number is Wiss2107-19. The application deadline is the 10.08.2021.
EURAXESS offer ID: 668628
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.