ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa
RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences › Linguistics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2021 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisbon
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2022
- Tender open for the award of 1 Scholarship for postdoc (Bolsa de Investigação Pós-Doutoral). This grant is funded by Portuguese national funds through Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, under the Strategic Project of the Centre of Linguistics of the University of Lisbon ref. # UIDB/00214/2020.
- The scholarship will be awarded for 18 months, and may be renewed up to a total of 2 years (pending the availability of funding).
- The scholarship will be supervised by a senior member of CLUL’s Grammar & Resources group whose specialisation fits the topic of the selected project.
- The selected candidate will develop a project submitted by themselves with the application, which must focus on the study of language contact; preference will be given to projects that interact with ongoing research conducted by CLUL’s Grammar & Resources group.
- Application submission
Applications must include a cover letter and the following documents:
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae (written in either Portuguese or English);
- Degree certificates and other documents relevant for the application;
- A copy of the applicant’s PhD dissertation and up to 5 publications by the applicant deemed relevant for the proposed research project;
- A proposal (written in either Portuguese or English), consisting of a research project within the domain of language contact, appropriate for an 18-month period, with the following sections: a) Summary (maximum 150 words); b) Objectives (maximum 250 words); c) State of the art (maximum 400 words); d) Research plan, methodology and timetable (maximum 750 words); e) Bibliographical references (maximum 20 references).
For application purposes, diplomas, certificates and transcripts need not be submitted. In lieu, a statement of compliance is required (see below Website for additional job details). Official transcripts must be submitted prior to the signing of the contract.
Fellowship applicants must show that they meet the necessary conditions to enrol in the program leading to the attainment of the requested academic degree. Proof of acceptance will be required prior to the signing of the contract.
Stipend in accordance to the Portuguese Science Foundation salary scale, €1646 per month (net) (https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2019.pdf), paid by bank transfer.
Insurance costs (Seguro Social Voluntário and Seguro de Acidentes Pessoais) are supported by the employer.
Acceptance of the fellowship is exclusive of any other professional or research activity (Art. 5 of the Research Fellowship Holder Statute).
The following applicants are eligible:
a) Portuguese citizens or citizens of other Member States of the European Union;
b) Citizens of other countries;
c) Stateless persons;
d) Political refugees.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
1. Merit of the applicant (up to 50 points):
- Global scientific background (up to 30 points);
- Adequacy of the applicant’s qualifications and experience for the development of the research project (up to 20 points);
2. Merit of the proposed research (up to 30 points):
- Scientific quality and feasibility of the project (up to 20 points);
- Project’s compatibility with the mission and objectives of CLUL, and complementarity with the research developed by the G&R group (up to 10 points);
3. Interview (up to 20 points).
Only those candidates who score 60 points or higher in the sum of criteria 1 and 2 will be invited to the interview, and all others will be considered ineligible for award of the fellowship.
Chair: Professor Hugo Cardoso
Panel: Professor Nélia Alexandre and Professor Tjerk Hagemeijer
Preliminary decisions will be posted at the FLUL website. Selected candidate(s) will be notified by email.
Applicants may submit queries or complaints about the decisions within a ten-weekday period.
Final decisions must be announced within 90 weekdays of the application deadline and up to 60 weekdays after the end of the query and complaint deadline.
In case of non-acceptance by the selected candidates, the grant may be offered to any of the other ranked applicants within 18 months of the final announcement.
Job offer in Portuguese, Statement of Compliance, Final Report and Contract templates available here.
This grant is regulated by:
Portuguese Research Fellow Charter/Estatuto do Bolseiro de Investigação Científica (Lei Nº. 40/2004, Decreto-Lei n.º 123/2019, Decreto-Lei n.º 89/2013, Decreto-Lei n.º 233/2012, and Lei n.º 12/2013); Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia Fellowship Bylaws / Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação da Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, IP (2019) and Universidade de Lisboa Fellowship Bylaws /Regulamento de Bolsas da Universidade de Lisboa (Despacho nº 6238/2020).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Linguistics or related area.
Applicants must have a good oral and written command of Portuguese or English.
Upon completion of the grant period, the scholarship holder has up to 60 weekdays to submit to email@example.com (a) a final report on the activities and results (in electronic format); and (b) the supervisor(s)'s evaluation of the final report.
The final report will be evaluated by the supervisor(s) according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the work developed - 60%;
- Results achieved (publications; conference presentations) - 30%
- Integration and adaptation skills - 10%.
Each criterion will be graded 0- 20.The final evaluation will be 0-20.
EURAXESS offer ID: 668151
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.